We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driver for the day

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
94 posts
4 reviews
Driver for the day

Hello,

We will be arriving on a cruise ship in about 5 weeks time can anybody give me the name of someone who could drive us around for the day & show us a few tourist sites, Mele beach bar & duty free shopping in town.

There will be 4 adults.

Thanks in advance,

Morgoz.

4 replies to this topic
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
881 posts
78 reviews
1. Re: Driver for the day

Hi,

I would wait until you arrive. Once you get through the market area there will be heaps of vans/drivers waiting to take you where you want to go. Often there are groups of fellow passengers who you will meet on the ship & will want to organize a van & driver and share the costs. Just remember to negotiate a price first & pay at the end. Don't feel pressured to go with the first driver that approaches you. Just walk along and many will be offering their prices to you.

Enjoy,

Karen

Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
23 posts
2. Re: Driver for the day

Hi,

I will recommend Stephen Nase, well train driver, middle age, well spoken English language, certified ambassador. He has all the answers of your need. He has best Affordable prices and offers.

Please contact him through his email: portvilavoyage@gmail.com

Thank you

Elise

3. Re: Driver for the day

Kia Ora (Hello): we recommend SEE THE REAL VILA TOURS. Charlie Royel...registered/licensed owner operator of brand new air-conditioned tour van...friendly and informative Ni Vanuatuan and fluent English speaker. He can confirm that he was recently awarded a Vanuatu Tourism Award For Excellence...also a Tourism Transport Ambassador Award. Day tours require AUD$10 deposit on-line. Check if total tour price includes entry fees. Pickup @ 8am at cruise ship wharf or in town if staying in Port Vila and and return to ship or town later in afternoon. My favourite visit was Turtle Sanctuary Bay...feeding adult turtles...option of swimming with them. Also coconut crabs, young turtles, pigs and shark enclosures. BBQ lunch - fish, chicken, beef, hot chips & veges, garden salad, selection of fresh fruit pieces. Have also met Charlie's immediate family and many extended family members.The reason for this is because we have visited Vanuatu four times since 2014 and formed many relationships.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
437 posts
48 reviews
4. Re: Driver for the day

Hi Morgoz :)

We did a private tour and saw sights we wanted to see which was nice and personal.

PM me if you would like the details of the person & company we used :)

Sheenagh

Reply to: Driver for the day
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Port Vila