We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port Villa guided tour - recommended?

1 post
1 review
Port Villa guided tour - recommended?

My wife and I are on our 1st cruise - celebrate my 60th.. we are both new to travelling so I am trying (in advance) to find a recommendation for a guided tour whilst in Port Villa 1st November. Would just like to find a good local operator that we could tee up with for half day or so... ship arrives 8am into port - departs 4.30pm. Sightseeing and laid back (two of us - or small group would be good) and friendly operator. I figure there is a lot to choose from however this seems like a good place to start and if there are any links to email or booking with the operator, that would be great. Thank You, Mark and Julie

7 replies to this topic
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
881 posts
78 reviews
1. Re: Port Villa guided tour - recommended?

Hi Mark & Julie,

I would wait until you get there. Once you get through the market area there will be heaps of cars & drivers who will take you to different places. (Cascade Waterfalls, Blue Lagoon) You may even meet up with other people on the cruise who want to share the price & day with you. Just negotiate a price before hand & pay at the end. Just allow yourselves plenty of time to get back to the ship before departure time as they will not wait for you if you are late.

There is also a great duty free shop in centre of town.

Welcome to the world of travelling & hope you enjoy your 60th birthday.

Karen

2. Re: Port Villa guided tour - recommended?

Thanks Karen, sounds good advice. I'm sure all will roll out on the day.. looking forward to it and the adventure!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
8 posts
20 reviews
3. Re: Port Villa guided tour - recommended?

Kia Ora (Hello): highly recommend CharlieRoyel...speaks fluent english... licensed owner/operator tour guide of See The Real Vila Tours...website or Facebook...AUD$10 booking deposit...meets 8 a.m. @ the cruise ship wharf and returns you before ship departs.

4. Re: Port Villa guided tour - recommended?

Thanks so much for that tip.. much appreciated - always good to get a recommendation! 😊 Mark

Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
23 posts
5. Re: Port Villa guided tour - recommended?

Hi,

I will recommend Stephen Nase, well train driver, middle age, well spoken English language, certified ambassador. He has all the answers of your need. He has best Affordable prices and offers.

Please contact him through his email: portvilavoyage@gmail.com

Thank you

Elise

6. Re: Port Villa guided tour - recommended?

Thank you Elise, really appreciate your good advice and recommendation 😊

7. Re: Port Villa guided tour - recommended?

Kia Ora (hello). Unsure if I have already given you the name of a Registered reputable tour guide/operator: See The Real Vila Tours. Friendly, trustworthy and fluent in English... Charlie Royel, He meets the ship @ 8am and can do a day tour and return you to the wharf before ship leaves later in arvo. Owns and drives a new air-conditioned minivan. Online AUD$10 deposit. AUD$120 I think. Please check if cost includes entry fees. My hubby and I have done two separate day tours with Charlie, one Aug 2017 and then Aug 2018. We have been visiting Vanuatu since 2014...have met and now know Charlie's immediate family plus countless extended family members. If making contact please mention Kiwi Joy's referral. Four New Zealand friends booked a day tour with him only a month ago and reported to us on return...thoroughly enjoyed it.

Reply to: Port Villa guided tour - recommended?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Port Vila