We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vaping and e-cigarettes in Doha Airport

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
25 reviews
Vaping and e-cigarettes in Doha Airport

Hello - We have a stopover in Doha, on our way to Vietnam where you can vape and use e-cigarettes, but the internet is very confusing over whether one can use an e-cigarette in Doha airport, or in Qatar for that matter. I understand the sale, importation and advertising of them is banned, but unclear whether their use is also banned, as some people say yes and others say no? So can I use them in the airport, presumably in the smoking area? If not would I be better off putting it in my hold luggage and then only retrieving it from my suitcase in Vietnam , or is this not necessary if not actually leaving the airport - I ask as some places seem to have security scans at the gate as well as when you first go through to departures?

Grateful for some clarity please!

Thank you

28 replies to this topic
Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Qatar
Level Contributor
3 610 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: Vaping and e-cigarettes in Doha Airport

@euromongrel

You can use it but only in smoking room

Take Care

Beast666

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Vaping and e-cigarettes in Doha Airport

Hi there - Thanks very much for letting me know :)

Wirral
Level Contributor
991 posts
30 reviews
3. Re: Vaping and e-cigarettes in Doha Airport

Hi, I'm having a connecting flight from Doha. Are e liquids and batteries best kept in hand luggage or hold luggage. I've read somewhere they can be confiscated in Dubai is this the case in Doha also? Thanks

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Qatar
Level Contributor
3 610 posts
36 reviews
4. Re: Vaping and e-cigarettes in Doha Airport

@tinmen

Very small amount of liquid around 100 ml is allowed to be carried on-board aircraft.

…qatarairways.com/hc/en-us/articles/20646586…

It best to put them in checked-in bags

Take Care

Beast666

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
25 reviews
5. Re: Vaping and e-cigarettes in Doha Airport

Tinmen - I am starting to think might be best to bring a cheap spinner and disposable clearomiser or something just for the stopover and keep my proper kit in the hold luggage just in case. While Beast666 says you can, I am not willing to risk my semovar, kayfun, egrip and subox mini to the whims of Doha airport security! I have however emailed info@dohaairport and if they come back with anything will update.

Wirral
Level Contributor
991 posts
30 reviews
6. Re: Vaping and e-cigarettes in Doha Airport

Yes I'm thinking the same myself. I don't know what I would do if my kit was confiscated. I haven't smoked real cigarettes for almost 3yrs now so I really wouldn't want to go back to it. If you get a reply from your email please update.

Cheers.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
25 reviews
7. Re: Vaping and e-cigarettes in Doha Airport

Finally got a response from Doha airport so thought I would update:

'Dear Sebastian,

Greetings,

Further to your query, you can only smoke electronic cigarette in the smoking areas.

Kind Regards,

Customer Experience Team

Commercial'

So that's good - also have checked with Qatar airways and they say to carry your e-cigs in your cabin luiggage, not your checked in, hold luggage.

Hope other vapers find this helpful :)

Wirral
Level Contributor
991 posts
30 reviews
8. Re: Vaping and e-cigarettes in Doha Airport

Thanks for the update, Great! Really helpful.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1 post
43 reviews
9. Re: Vaping and e-cigarettes in Doha Airport

Thank you all for this info. Really helpful!

1 post
10. Re: Vaping and e-cigarettes in Doha Airport

Im travelling to doha for a stop over and this post really helped me.thanks a lot

Reply to: Vaping and e-cigarettes in Doha Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Doha