We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lebanon Visa for UAE resident (Pakistani citizen)

Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
2 helpful votes
Lebanon Visa for UAE resident (Pakistani citizen)
Save

Hi

Can anyone please confirm if it is possible or not, for a pakistani holding UAE residence visa (Profssion on UAE visa : Assistant Manager) to get a Visa on artival at Beirut Intl. Airport?

Manama, Bahrain
Level Contributor
635 posts
290 reviews
126 helpful votes
1. Re: Lebanon Visa for UAE resident (Pakistani citizen)
Save

Unfortunately you will need to go to the Lebanese embassy and get your visa there. Good news is they approve it in same day or 24 hours if you are a resident of UAE. Take flight tickets, hotel booking, letter from employer, a photo and bank statement for last 3 months. You can fill the application on the spot at the embassy

Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Lebanon Visa for UAE resident (Pakistani citizen)
Save

Thank you for the information @Gio F

Beirut, Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
3 682 posts
3. Re: Lebanon Visa for UAE resident (Pakistani citizen)
Save

This is the website page of the General Security, it clearly states at البند خامسا that all businessmen, employers, managers, doctors, engineers, lawyers with valid residence at any one of 6 member states of the Gulf Cooperation Council are granted the visa on arrival at Beirut airport or any border point www.general-security.gov.lb/ar/posts/38

Best regards

Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
2 helpful votes
4. Re: Lebanon Visa for UAE resident (Pakistani citizen)
Save

@Gaby85 Thanks for the reply. The link is indeed authentic from the Lebanese Govt. but unfortunately Lebanese Consulate advises otherwise. This is what the Consulate General of Lebanon in Dubai replied me regarding my Visa on Arrival Query :

"Dear Applicant

kindly note that you will need to apply for the visa from the consulate.

For more details about the required documents, please access our website: http://www.lebanonconsulate-uae.com

Thank You,

Consulate General of Lebanon- Dubai

Sent: Monday, August 29, 2018 12:50

To: info@lebanonconsulate-uae.com

Subject: Visa on Arrival Query

Dear Consulate Staff,

I am a Pakistani national staying and working in UAE for past 10 years as an Assistant Manager (Same is written as my profession on my UAE Residence Visa)

I have been to many countries for tourism purposes and I am planning to visit Lebanon for a week. I would like to know whether I would be eligible to get a visa in Beirut International Airport or I must apply a visa in advance through the Lebanese Consulate in Dubai.

Thank you in advance for your kind assistance in this regard."

Beirut, Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
3 682 posts
5. Re: Lebanon Visa for UAE resident (Pakistani citizen)
Save

Hi Ahmed,

The website page of the General Consulate of Lebanon talks about Pakistani labors in the United Arab Emirates who need a Lebanese person to send them an approved letter of invitation from the General Directorate of General Security to be granted the visa at the General Consulate of Lebanon in Dubai. The process of approval of the letter of invitation takes between 6 and 8 months.

The website page does not talk about Pakistani businessmen, employers, senior managers, managers, , assistant manager, doctors, engineers, lawyers, who, according to the visa regulation of the General Directorate of General Security are granted the visa on arrival at Beirut airport or any border point not exceeding the expiry date of their residence in the UAE or any member state of the GCC.

I have a Pakistani friend residing in Manama, Bahrain and working in the computer science field, he visits Lebanon 2 or 3 times per year for business purposes and always get the visa on arrival at Beirut airport.

Best regards

Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
2 helpful votes
6. Re: Lebanon Visa for UAE resident (Pakistani citizen)
Save

@Gaby85 Thanks again for your time the information.

Even my thoughts were the same until i contacted Lebanese Consulate, that having a white collar profession stated on one's UAE Visa should make him/her eligible to get a Visa on Arrival. Consulate guys have advised to apply and get visa in advance from Consulate.

Seems like, i should try contacting Airlines like flyDubai or MEA If they allow the professionals going for tourism (of Pakistani Nationality) to board the plane without asking to show Lebanese Visa.

Dubai, United Arab...
1 post
7. Re: Lebanon Visa for UAE resident (Pakistani citizen)
Save

Did you contact any airline? any update from them?

8. Re: Lebanon Visa for UAE resident (Pakistani citizen)

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2019, 06:40
Get answers to your questions about Lebanon
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.