We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eVisa Payment Issues

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
4 helpful votes
eVisa Payment Issues
Save

Hi,

Trying to pay for an eVisa for Turkey, on https://www.evisa.gov.tr. However I keep getting a payment error. During the Payment page, I get a payment successful message from my bank, Santander:

"Your transaction has been processed.

Please ensure you keep your contact details up-to-date at all times, as future transactions might need further authentication."

But then the eVisa page displays "Sorry

An error was encountered while processing your payment. Please click on the button below to try again."

I phoned my bank, they confirmed they've not blocked the payment, and there are no security issues. I've tried the same credit card twice, a different debit card twice, a different banks credit & debit card. Seems to be an issue with the web site?

Anyone else having issues, and anyone have any advise on how to successfully get an eVisa?

Thanks

Ben

Edited: 5 years ago
1. Re: eVisa Payment Issues

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the Tripadvisor community and has been removed.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler, Bitez
Level Contributor
7 939 posts
205 reviews
101 helpful votes
2. Re: eVisa Payment Issues
Save

Do you happen to have a BT email address by any chance? For some reason, the evisa site doesn't like them, so if you do, it may be worth trying again with a different email. Some people have also reported problems with certain Hotmail or Yahoo emails, so again, maybe try a different email and see if that works.

Gaziantep, Turkiye
Level Contributor
4 690 posts
337 reviews
189 helpful votes
3. Re: eVisa Payment Issues
Save

The slow internet speed can also cause the payment rejection, so it may not be your credit cards.

As far as I understand you can still buy visa in Ataturk airport but ... well, it is better always to have the visa ready in hand indeed.

Pointe Claire...
Level Contributor
343 posts
52 reviews
26 helpful votes
4. Re: eVisa Payment Issues
Save

Have you tried using a different browser? Sometimes it’s just a problem with a plug-in in the browser that is preventing the website to receiving the proper bank confirmation... so i would tried using a different browser just to see.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
4 helpful votes
5. Re: eVisa Payment Issues
Save

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies.

I have a privaye domain name, so I wasn't using BT, Yahoo or Hotmail, but can understand why these might cause issues. I've seen many sites block free email services. We have been having a few internet issues recently, with Netflix not loading properly, so could be speed, however, according to speedtest.net we have 9mb d/l and 1mb u/l, which should be enough. I usually use Chrome, and was about to try with IE. but, it eventually worked, however I'm not sure why. I tried twice again with Chrome, after phoning my bank, after leaving it for 5 - 10 minutes for the system to update, but still got the same payment error on the eVisa site, despite Santander saying payment authorised.

I then closed the browser down completely (had already done this before), then clicked on the application approval email, which opened the eVisa page, but instead of having the "Payment details" page, it had an "Application approved" page, and my eVisa's were ready to be downloaded. So I have no idea what was causing the problem. The fact the eVisa's were approved, without me having to do the payment again was weird. It's almost as if one of the other payments worked, even thought it was rejected.

I then phoned Santander again, to check they hadn't taken payment 8 times, which is about the number of times I tried. Apparently they could only see 1 payment, so hopefully it's all sorted now!

1 post
6. Re: eVisa Payment Issues
Save

Hi we are having the same issue! did you manage to sort it?

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
7. Re: eVisa Payment Issues
Save

Having the same issue too! Tried many times different cards and computers :(

Antalya, Turkiye
Level Contributor
24 150 posts
29 reviews
110 helpful votes
8. Re: eVisa Payment Issues
Save

lauren I appreciate you are stressed but your query is being answered now on several threads. I am a ltiile concerned you will end up with a lot of information (maybe even conflicting) maybe better to stick to just one thread probably the one that Enigma has replied to you on as he has the right sort of mind to work around these difficulties.

Also your situation is a little different as your husband isn't a UK national so there are different visa rules - must be a headache for you just now so don't add to it!! Stick to one and I'm sure you'll get an answer.

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 posts
9. Re: eVisa Payment Issues
Save

Hi, this is exactly the same problem(unsuccessful payment for e-visa - keep getting error message on very attempt. It's so frustrating) I am facing the past days. i have called the embassy in DC, but I was old to send my concerns through CONTACT US/FORM but to no success either. Keeps saying invalid captcha. My flight is in 6 weeks. Can someone please help?

Istanbul, Turkiye
Level Contributor
24 716 posts
14 reviews
20 helpful votes
10. Re: eVisa Payment Issues
Save

ShyneMoshyne - just checking that you're on the http://www.evisa.gov.tr site?

© 2023 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.