We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling Trip Maldives in June

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
1 review
1 helpful vote
Snorkeling Trip Maldives in June

Hi, I'm planning a visit to Maldives for me and the wife in Mid June for about 3 full days. I would like some suggestions on recommended private beach resorts based on the following info I have:

a. Due to the short duration I prefer a closer island hence transfer by speedboat.

b. I prefer a more modern resort

c. the primary item on the to do list will be snorkeling (no diving) with probably manta rays/whale shark or anything amazing. Prefer if they're at the house reef or excursions are fine. The location if preferable to be close to these types of activities.

d. Half board preferably breakfast and dinner.

e. Prefer Beach villa, over water villa with or without pool/Jacuzzi

f. Budget is about USD2000 for 3 nights, I’d expect for decent resort accommodation, meals, activities, some drinks and transfers to airport. Is this budget doable?

On another note, the travel time in 2018 coincides with fasting and Eid celebration, will there be any restriction, escalation in prices, or limited service that might hinder our travel plans at the time?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
3 826 posts
184 reviews
321 helpful votes
1. Re: Snorkeling Trip Maldives in June

Firstly Eid will not affect anything on a resort island. Secondly the only place you have a decent chance of seeing a whale shark in June would be South Ari Atoll, not sure about mantas in june

2. Re: Snorkeling Trip Maldives in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2019, 08:17