We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach wheelchairs

Avalon, New Jersey
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
beach wheelchairs
Save

I am beginning to plan a trip to Phuket for Jan/Feb timeframe. I have searched thru the forum, but have not seen anything on this topic. Does anyone know if there is a place to rent or borrow a beach wheelchair from? Or perhaps a resort that may have one for us to use while we are there.

This will be our first trip to Phuket and we have borrowed or rented beach wheelchairs at other resort areas, but, have not found anything on this topic in Phuket.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Tracie

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
3 239 posts
222 reviews
256 helpful votes
1. Re: beach wheelchairs
Save

Hi Tracie,

The Kata Beach Resort is wheelchair friendly. I have seen guests being helped by staff but unable to advise you if the wheelchairs belonged to the Resort or the guests. Maybe check out their website or email them to see if they have wheelchairs available.

Sorry can't help any further. CJ

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5 826 posts
70 reviews
96 helpful votes
2. Re: beach wheelchairs
Save

i can't say as i have ever seen them anywhere in Phuket, but then i just may not have noticed?

some of the pharmacies rent out ordinary wheelchairs etc but not sure about the beach ones?

are you talking about the beach wheelchairs that have a sort of chain fitting over the wheels to enable you to push it through the sand? that's the one's i am thinking of, i know about those as i work as a nursing assistant and we have used them for clients of ours at the beaches here

if i find any info on them i will let you know or maybe someone that lives in Phuket will have more info on them?

sorry i can't give you any possitive advise

Avalon, New Jersey
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
3. Re: beach wheelchairs
Save

thank you for the advise, I will look in to the Kata resort

The beach wheelchairs I was referencing are the ones with the big rubber wheels - so they run smooth over sand

I appreciate the feedback - thank you!

4. Re: beach wheelchairs

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2011, 07:58
Get answers to your questions about Phuket
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.