We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family of 2 adults and a 4 year old girl

Bishop's Waltham...
2 posts
Family of 2 adults and a 4 year old girl
Save

Hi,

We are looking to go to Phuket just after Christmas.

We are looking for decent accommodation, be it hotel / b&b or an apartment. Ideally located near a beach and amenities.

I personally have been to Patong before an a lads trip, but this one will be very different and family oriented.

I would be very grateful for accommodation suggestions and locations suitable for my daughter.

We can still visit Patong etc, but am open to advice.

Will be appreciated!

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
1 096 posts
19 reviews
21 helpful votes
1. Re: Family of 2 adults and a 4 year old girl
Save

Check out the Orchid resort, over in Karon.

They are quite kid-friendly and have 4 swimming pools I believe.

Yet they're still close to the beach.

There are many fine resorts with kid-friendly venues.

You should state your budget so we can help better.

Bishop's Waltham...
2 posts
2. Re: Family of 2 adults and a 4 year old girl
Save

Hi thanks for the reply.

We arent on a big budget, although we would stretch to £100-£120 a night for the three of us for a period of time and then rough it for a bit elsewhere

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
10 helpful votes
3. Re: Family of 2 adults and a 4 year old girl
Save

I would look at the bang Tao varee beach resort - amazing reviews and only around £35 a night for a two bedroom suite! It has a beautiful clean pool and is set within a tropical garden. It’s a few mins walk to shops and restaurants and 10 mins walk to bang Tao beach, one of the best beaches in Phuket with loads of nice restaurants for lunch and dinner! I’ve just booked it for my own family for April and for two whole weeks it cost us £495!! If you look at the reviews they are all five star!!

Good luck!

Singapore
Level Contributor
2 280 posts
4. Re: Family of 2 adults and a 4 year old girl
Save

Lots of choices , Sunwing at Kamala is very much family friendly with lots of activities arranged , also is right on the beach . You also have lots of choices at the other beaches , Swiss Palm Beach Patong is smaller type but popular with families and short walk to the beach

What is your budget in THB ?

Edited: 1 year ago
London
Level Contributor
220 posts
28 reviews
29 helpful votes
5. Re: Family of 2 adults and a 4 year old girl
Save

Wow this sounds amazing. I'm checking this out myself.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2 280 posts
6. Re: Family of 2 adults and a 4 year old girl
Save

Best to decide which beach first and then look at options , Centara Kata has family suites and good facilities

https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Hotel_Review-g1210687-d305903-Reviews-Centara_Kata_Resort_Phuket-Kata_Beach_Karon_Phuket.html

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
11 reviews
10 helpful votes
7. Re: Family of 2 adults and a 4 year old girl
Save

I would definitely recommend the sun wing resort at kamala. We were there in December with a 4 year old and it was perfect. Walk through grounds of hotel and the beach is on your doorstep.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2 280 posts
8. Re: Family of 2 adults and a 4 year old girl
Save

Yes Sinwing Kamala has lots of facilities , but I think you also want to decide which beach area will suit you first

9. Re: Family of 2 adults and a 4 year old girl

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2021, 07:40
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.