We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KLM & Finnair

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 461 posts
41 reviews
44 helpful votes
KLM & Finnair
Save

Hi

I am thinking of booking flights to Bangkok for Christmas 2022 as soon as flights are released with one of the above airlines. I would love to hear some feedback from people who have booked a Flex ticket and if it was easy enough to change or cancel flights. Thank you.

Meant to say i will be travelling from Manchester to Bangkok!

Edited: 30 November 2021, 12:34
12 replies to this topic
Penwortham, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1. Re: KLM & Finnair
Save

Why only with KLM or Finnair though?

Probably better to wait until you know what deals are available before deciding which airline. I fly from Manchester and my preferred airline would be Qatar by a country mile. Also I prefer to go with middle east airlines because you will change planes approx mid way to Thailand rather than endure a long flight from Europe, it's a personal choice though, some prefer a longer flight.

I've flown to Thailand from Manchester with

Euro carriers

Air France, Finnair,SAS,Lufthansa.

Mid East carriers

Qatar,Emirates,Etihad,Oman Air

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 461 posts
41 reviews
44 helpful votes
2. Re: KLM & Finnair
Save

Hi Tacpot

Thanks for your reply.

My preference would always be the Middle Eastern airlines too but as we are completely tied to school holidays the airlines i mentioned offer us the best flight times to get the most out of our holiday (presuming the December schedule is the same as November 2022).

I was really just interested to know if anyone had any issues with refunds/cancellations with the airlines i mentioned.

Loughborough...
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
16 258 posts
60 reviews
115 helpful votes
3. Re: KLM & Finnair
Save

Finnair is majority owned by the Government of Finland so for financial security as regards a refund I would go with them. But you can have financial protection with any airline by using a credit card to make the purchase.

For airline reviews look at www.airlinequality.com

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 461 posts
41 reviews
44 helpful votes
4. Re: KLM & Finnair
Save

Hi KhunBill

Thanks for your reply and info regarding Finnair. I had checked the airline reviews but they are always a mixed bag.

Finnair has the most appealing flight times so if the price is right i think i will go with them.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
245 posts
13 reviews
16 helpful votes
5. Re: KLM & Finnair
Save

We were refunded each time with KLM, last year took 3 months, twice this year about one week and recently it only took two days.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 461 posts
41 reviews
44 helpful votes
6. Re: KLM & Finnair
Save

Hi MnMsc

Thanks for your reply. I feel more confident about both airlines now!

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi, Kanchanaburi Province
Level Contributor
26 286 posts
43 reviews
41 helpful votes
7. Re: KLM & Finnair
Save

Hi,

I've flown on Finnair a couple of times from Bangkok to Heathrow via Helsinki, the flight etc was fine, no problems. I wouldn't hesitate to fly with Finnair again.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 461 posts
41 reviews
44 helpful votes
8. Re: KLM & Finnair
Save

Hi AjarnAndy

Thanks for your reply.

I am almost sure that many years ago i flew to Bangkok via Amsterdam with China Airlines so i like the idea of trying Finnair and transiting through a smaller airport.

If Finnair can offer a ticket we can cancel without a penalty at a half decent price then that will be our first choice. Ultimately it will come down to price and cancellation/refund policies.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
5 525 posts
3 reviews
3 helpful votes
9. Re: KLM & Finnair
Save

I have flown with both in business and would certainly chose Finnair of the two . However with KLM you often end up on Air France and they are better. One thing to do is look at the flight arrival/departure times before picking.

Having said that the stop in the Middle East has the advantage of better airlines but for some the timing can be an issue as you have just finally got off to sleep and then you have to change planes. From Manchester Singapore with the short hop at the end is also an option

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 461 posts
41 reviews
44 helpful votes
10. Re: KLM & Finnair
Save

Hi Alistair

Thanks for your reply.

The departure and arrival times on both legs with Finnair really suit us and the journey is less than 15hrs too!

I will definitely check out the Singapore route too.

Reply to: KLM & Finnair
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bangkok
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.