We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo traveller

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
10 reviews
6 helpful votes
Solo traveller
Save

Hi again guys buzzing here for 17th Dec Glasgow to Bangkok can’t wait first time in Thailand and Bangkok looking for some advice re places to see in Bangkok, nightlife , food , trips also looking at Phuket , Pattaya , James Bond island etc what u guys recommend ? I’m also travelling to Cambodia for first time simply can’t wait and yes I have all vaccines , Thailand pass, pcr test pre booked prior to departure any advice welcome ty

3 replies to this topic
1. Re: Solo traveller

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2021, 03:14

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
21 819 posts
2. Re: Solo traveller
Save

"looking for some advice re places to see in Bangkok, nightlife , food , trips also looking at Phuket , Pattaya , James Bond island etc what u guys recommend ? I’m also travelling to Cambodia for first time....."

"any advice welcome...."

-

Each city you have an interest in will have a specific forum. Pull that forum up on your computer. At the top of the website page you will find information for THINGS TO DO. Along with hotels and restaurants, etc. Click on the Things to Do and see what is useful to you.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g293916-Activities-Bangkok.html

Also, on the right hand side, you will find other helpful information under TOP QUESTIONS about Bangkok and other major cities popular with tourists for the particular city area you choose. Sample copy for this Bangkok forum below:

Top questions about Bangkok

FAQ: How to get from the AIRPORT to your HOTEL

FAQ FLIGHT Connections & DOMESTIC Arrivals

FAQ CURRENCY EXCHANGE & ATMs

FAQ FAST PASS at the Airport

FAQ What To See & Do

FAQ Airport HOTELS

FAQ DUTY FREE Allowance

FAQ GETTING Around

FAQ Bangkok SHOPPING

FAQ Finding a TOUR Guide

FAQ The WEATHER

FAQ DINING in Bangkok

FAQ Floating Markets

FAQ Potential scams

FAQ GREAT READS about Thailand

FAQ - What are the IMPORTANT LAWS IN THAILAND that Travellers should be aware of?

FAQ - What to eat in Bangkok?

So,locate the Phuket, and Pattaya forums for specifics. Read up on how to get from Bangkok to Pattaya for instance. (Bus from Ekamai bus terminal is my preferred transportation.) Look at a map of Thailand, Phuket is not that close to Bangkok.

If you ask for hotel advice include a nightly price range in Thai baht. If you are reading this on a computer click on the blue highlighted words and you will get information on the particular place of interest.

Hopefully things will be more "back to normal" when you arrive.

Even a Google type search will give you some of the information you need. But how much will be open when you arrive in Thailand seems to be a little uncertain right now.

* Can't give you on the spot advice, not in Thailand right now.

Work out how you will get from city to city. Fly, bus, train, private driver, whatever. Probably a combination.

(For me, for Bangkok, I prefer a hotel convenient for using the city rail service. I like the Sukhumvit Nana - Asoke area. But that is me! Other people have favorite locations.)

Take the time to read up on how to handle changing your money. Debit cards work in ATMs to obtain cash. I bring more cash with me and change in Thailand as I need it. Do NOT rely on a single card for all of your spending money. You could lose that card, damage that card or someone can steal it. Have back up sources of spending money.

Go to the Cambodia forum for Cambodia information.

Good luck.

Edited: 28 November 2021, 22:09
Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
10 reviews
6 helpful votes
3. Re: Solo traveller
Save

Magic top advice ty 👍

Reply to: Solo traveller
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bangkok
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.