We hope to travel to Thailand in mid March of 2022 to see our son for the first time in 2 years. I understood that the SHA+ protocols would need to be followed as well as any other requirements in place at the time of our travel. We are fully vaccinated with boosters, luckily. I made reservations at a hotel in Bangkok (including private transfer from the airport) for the first three nights after our arrival. We arrive at almost midnight and this cannot be changed.
I got an email from the hotel this am which seems to indicate we must make and pay for all these arrangements now. I of course anticipated that there would be health restrictions and have no problem complying with an health restrictions. What I don't understand is why these arrangements cannot be made closer to the time of our reservation as it may be we change hotels, cannot make the trip etc. I have sent these questions back to the hotel and await a response. Thank you for any clarification that can be provided from TA posters experiences. Below is the email:
For Entering Thailand by Air Travel (effective from 1 Nov’21), Please be informed that international traveler is required the 1-day mandatory program in SHA Plus+ certified hotel including the RT-PCR test and certified airport transportation service. Kindly find below additional charge for first night mandatory program:
● A night accommodation 18-19 March 2022 at THB 5175++ (THB 6,090.98 net)
● A Covid RT-PCR Swab test ( include antigen test kit) is conducted at the hotel (COVID-19 free Certify by Samitivej) : THB 2,500 net per person per time, total 2 persons at THB 5,000 net.
(Operation Hours from 06:00 am – 06:00 pm , the result will be receive on next day before noon)
● Certified transportation from Suvarnabhumi airport or Don Muenang airport to hotel : THB 2,700 net per way per car (maximum of 5 passengers in a Toyota Commuter Van)
*If arrival hotel after 18:00 hrs – 23:00 hrs., we recommend Drive thru RT-PCR test at hospital and Transportation will be pick up from Airport - Hospital - Hotel with additional charge at THB 800 net per car.Terms and Conditions :
● 1 night deposit is required at time of booking and payment is non-refundable.
● Booking amendment is required at least 72 hours prior arrival date.
● This package is applicable for the fully-vaccinated travellers departing from eligible countries according to the Thai government’s announcement.
● This package is subjected to latest Thai’s government established regulations regarding the health observation for all arrivals, inclusive the complete in-room seclusion until the Covid-test results are released.
● Guests below 12 years of age are considered children and a maximum of 2 children staying with parents.
We do require your information for SHA+ booking process as follows;
1. A Copy passport
Appreciated your confirmation by email return in order to secure room availability and proceed the booking & the payment link accordingly.