We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SHA+ questions

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
137 posts
13 reviews
11 helpful votes
SHA+ questions
Save

We hope to travel to Thailand in mid March of 2022 to see our son for the first time in 2 years. I understood that the SHA+ protocols would need to be followed as well as any other requirements in place at the time of our travel. We are fully vaccinated with boosters, luckily. I made reservations at a hotel in Bangkok (including private transfer from the airport) for the first three nights after our arrival. We arrive at almost midnight and this cannot be changed.

I got an email from the hotel this am which seems to indicate we must make and pay for all these arrangements now. I of course anticipated that there would be health restrictions and have no problem complying with an health restrictions. What I don't understand is why these arrangements cannot be made closer to the time of our reservation as it may be we change hotels, cannot make the trip etc. I have sent these questions back to the hotel and await a response. Thank you for any clarification that can be provided from TA posters experiences. Below is the email:

For Entering Thailand by Air Travel (effective from 1 Nov’21), Please be informed that international traveler is required the 1-day mandatory program in SHA Plus+ certified hotel including the RT-PCR test and certified airport transportation service. Kindly find below additional charge for first night mandatory program:

● A night accommodation 18-19 March 2022 at THB 5175++ (THB 6,090.98 net)

● A Covid RT-PCR Swab test ( include antigen test kit) is conducted at the hotel (COVID-19 free Certify by Samitivej) : THB 2,500 net per person per time, total 2 persons at THB 5,000 net.

(Operation Hours from 06:00 am – 06:00 pm , the result will be receive on next day before noon)

● Certified transportation from Suvarnabhumi airport or Don Muenang airport to hotel : THB 2,700 net per way per car (maximum of 5 passengers in a Toyota Commuter Van)

*If arrival hotel after 18:00 hrs – 23:00 hrs., we recommend Drive thru RT-PCR test at hospital and Transportation will be pick up from Airport - Hospital - Hotel with additional charge at THB 800 net per car.Terms and Conditions :

● 1 night deposit is required at time of booking and payment is non-refundable.

● Booking amendment is required at least 72 hours prior arrival date.

● This package is applicable for the fully-vaccinated travellers departing from eligible countries according to the Thai government’s announcement.

● This package is subjected to latest Thai’s government established regulations regarding the health observation for all arrivals, inclusive the complete in-room seclusion until the Covid-test results are released.

● Guests below 12 years of age are considered children and a maximum of 2 children staying with parents.

We do require your information for SHA+ booking process as follows;

1. A Copy passport

2. Flight details ( flight number , flight from which country)

Appreciated your confirmation by email return in order to secure room availability and proceed the booking & the payment link accordingly.

13 replies to this topic
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
18 514 posts
196 reviews
138 helpful votes
1. Re: SHA+ questions
Save

You pay for your SHA booking when you make it

Instead of booking in Nov 2021, why not wait until Feb 2022 before making & paying for the booking ?

Nobody has any idea what the rules will be in March 2022 unfortunately

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
137 posts
13 reviews
11 helpful votes
2. Re: SHA+ questions
Save

Thank you. I didn't make a SHA booking, I just reserved the hotel rooms and they sent me the email afterward.

I wonder if I deleted the airport transfer if that would allow me to book the SHA+ night at a later date.

I agree that things can change by then and that is the reason I was asking. Thanks for your response.

Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
9 381 posts
27 reviews
65 helpful votes
3. Re: SHA+ questions
Save

Watch this space as there are proposals to do a antigen test result in 30 minutes and perhaps the quarantine hotel scrapped but the new mutation ( or others that come along) may put this into revers

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5 720 posts
54 reviews
49 helpful votes
4. Re: SHA+ questions
Save

As of December 16, 2021 the RT-PCR test will probably be replaced by an antigen test. I'm travelling to Bangkok next March as well. I have to wait for the latest news before making changes or cancelling my Test & Go hotel reservation altogether.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k13743613-Thailand_eases_Test_Go_on_16th_of_December-Bangkok.html

Edited: 28 November 2021, 18:16
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
137 posts
13 reviews
11 helpful votes
5. Re: SHA+ questions
Save

Thanks to all for the kind and informative replies. I didn't realize I should have searched for "test and go" as well for info. I am hope to leave my hotel reservation as is and make whatever arrangements are necessary for compliance in early to mid February.

Thailand
Destination Expert
for Thailand, Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
14 833 posts
4 reviews
8 helpful votes
6. Re: SHA+ questions
Save

Some clarifications, SHA+ is simply a health standard that many businesses qualified under during the pandemic. A hotel offering Test & Go or Sandbox stays has to be SHA+ rated, but hotels that are SHA+ don't have to offer Test & Go or Sandbox stays.

When searching for Test & Go, Sandbox or AQ stays, one has to search for those packages specifically, especially when using OTAs like Agoda or Booking.com.

Because Bangkok does not do testing at the airport, hotels offering Test & Go sell it as a full package with transport, tests and room. In Phuket and Samui you book each item separately, since testing is done at the airport.

A hotel in Bangkok will want the entire package booked in advance before they issue you a receipt to apply for Thailand Pass with. That receipt tells the government that the hotel certifies you have booked the proper tests and transport, hence they want everything booked.

Lake Worth, Florida
Level Contributor
640 posts
71 reviews
41 helpful votes
7. Re: SHA+ questions
Save

When I go on Agoda, they list SHA + Hotels but I don't see where they say "Test and Go". You stated that "but hotels that are SHA+ don't have to offer Test & Go or Sandbox stays" so how to I ensure that I'm booking a Test and Go?

Rob
Level Contributor
784 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: SHA+ questions
Save

Are there different room options with descriptions of what's provided ?

I think if so that might be the only way of doing it, as I don't think you can search test and go.

Swansea County...
Level Contributor
766 posts
1 review
9. Re: SHA+ questions
Save

Agoda seems to have a search facility for Test and Go hotels. We are travelling in January, and have booked a 1 night Test and Go Package that we can cancel up to 2 days before we travel, so we have done that.

I fully understand wanting to obtain the Thailand Pass as far ahead as possible. For this purpose, you could at least book the 1 night Test and Go Package- you will need this confirmation for the Thailand Pass application. Then, closer to the time, make the longer Bangkok hotel booking. It's possible that the entry requirements will have changed by the time you want to go.

Lake Worth, Florida
Level Contributor
640 posts
71 reviews
41 helpful votes
10. Re: SHA+ questions
Save

Rob, they do have different room descriptions but I don't see them with the words "test and go". So how do I know I'm not just getting a SHA+ hotel as Mr. Cycling mentioned?

Reply to: SHA+ questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bangkok
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.