We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Boots the chemist (UK) RT-PCR test stated on certificate

Conwy County...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Is Boots the chemist (UK) RT-PCR test stated on certificate
Save

I've booked a Boots in store test for my holiday. The web-site states that it is a RT-PCR but is that actually stated on the certificate that I will receive?

9 replies to this topic
Loughborough...
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
16 251 posts
60 reviews
115 helpful votes
1. Re: Is Boots the chemist (UK) RT-PCR test stated on certificate
Save

Sorry for stating the obvious, but for a definitive answer you could contact Boots and ask them.

Conwy County...
Level Contributor
48 posts
2. Re: Is Boots the chemist (UK) RT-PCR test stated on certificate
Save

Sorry for stating the obvious but if I could get an answer out of Boots, I would not be asking here, I was hoping that someone who has actually had the test done by Boots would be able to answer.

Thailand
Destination Expert
for Thailand, Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
14 837 posts
4 reviews
8 helpful votes
3. Re: Is Boots the chemist (UK) RT-PCR test stated on certificate
Save

Ask Boots if they have a sample of the test results paperwork. Most of the ones I have dealt with in various countries had such and you could see exactly what was presented.

Conwy County...
Level Contributor
48 posts
4. Re: Is Boots the chemist (UK) RT-PCR test stated on certificate
Save

I have been in to my local Boots store. The person I spoke with has never seen a certificate that they issue. The store staff take the swab, send it off to the lab and then the customer gets an email with the certificate attached.

I have emailed them and tried to phone them, all to no avail. That is why I am asking here if anyone has had a test and hence a certificate issued by Boots.

l

Stalybridge
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
5. Re: Is Boots the chemist (UK) RT-PCR test stated on certificate
Save

I used Boots Recova testing service in October on my return to the UK from Greece. I have just checked the certificate I received and it clearly states RT-PCR.

Conwy County...
Level Contributor
48 posts
6. Re: Is Boots the chemist (UK) RT-PCR test stated on certificate
Save

Thanks Jan, that is very helpful.

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
405 posts
75 reviews
56 helpful votes
7. Re: Is Boots the chemist (UK) RT-PCR test stated on certificate
Save

yep me too I used Boots and my certificate states 'test type' - RT-PCR test for SARIS-CoV-2

Conwy County...
Level Contributor
48 posts
8. Re: Is Boots the chemist (UK) RT-PCR test stated on certificate
Save

Thanks Dorothy, my mind is put to rest :)

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
58 posts
11 reviews
30 helpful votes
9. Re: Is Boots the chemist (UK) RT-PCR test stated on certificate
Save

Boots partnered with MyHealthChecked to provide compliant PCR and lateral flow Antigen testing for international travel. so it's 100% RT-PCR test.

More info:

If you’re planning to travel abroad, most countries will require a UK government approved negative test result for COVID-19 and the mandated Fit To Fly certification (you can check the restrictions for your destination on the UK Government website here. If you are travelling abroad, you are responsible for checking COVID-19 test entry requirements).

If being used for Fit To Fly, ensure you have your MyHealthChecked At-Home COVID-19 PCR Swab Test Kit at least 72 hours before you're due to travel to register it online and return your sample to the lab in the envelope provided.The MyHealthChecked At-Home COVID-19 PCR Swab Test Kit is intended to be used for the collection, preservation and transport of cellular and/or other material collected via a nasal swab, for investigation by in vitro diagnostic procedures.

Reply to: Is Boots the chemist (UK) RT-PCR test stated on certificate
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bangkok
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.