We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rapid Antigen Testing in Bangkok for travel to USA

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
12 helpful votes
Rapid Antigen Testing in Bangkok for travel to USA
Save

Where can I get a reasonably priced Rapid Antigen Test in Bangkok so that I can re-enter the USA?

13 replies to this topic
Thailand
Destination Expert
for Thailand, Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
14 833 posts
4 reviews
8 helpful votes
1. Re: Rapid Antigen Testing in Bangkok for travel to USA
Save

Thai Travel Clinic at Mahidol University charges 1000 baht for a rapid antigen test. Probably most hospitals that offer PCR tests for travel also offer antigen tests in a similar price range.

The following blog that someone posted previously gives to names and phone numbers, but looking at their details for the Thai travel clinic, the prices are not up to date:

https://thaiest.com/blog/covid-19-tests-in-thailand

Not sure of your definition of "reasonable" but prices for PCR tests here are better than the $150 I paid a couple of weeks ago in Honolulu for my PCR test to return home to Thailand.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
12 helpful votes
2. Re: Rapid Antigen Testing in Bangkok for travel to USA
Save

Hi,

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I called the Pulse clinic today and they quoted 1,300 Baht which sounds reasonable but still checking places out.

Its obviously too late for you now, but they have just opened up FREE RT-PCR testing clinics here Honolulu with results available in 16 hours. It sounded too good to be true, so I went yesterday to check it out, its all legit and free! Aloha from Hawaii.

Edited: 24 November 2021, 08:24
Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5 720 posts
54 reviews
49 helpful votes
3. Re: Rapid Antigen Testing in Bangkok for travel to USA
Save

"I called the Pulse clinic today and they quoted 1,300 Baht which sounds reasonable but still checking places out."

Their latest list shows THB1500 which is fine with me. However, if a Fit To Fly certificate is required it will cost THB500 extra. I'm planning to take an antigen test at their Soi 13 clinic when I visit Bangkok next March.

Ko Samui, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
2 364 posts
4. Re: Rapid Antigen Testing in Bangkok for travel to USA
Save

MedConsult is charging THB 1,500 for an antigen test (incl. fit to fly)

1 post
5. Re: Rapid Antigen Testing in Bangkok for travel to USA
Save

Yes there are but they try to force you to take an Express PCR test when going to the USA which is 4500 per person. I emailed them and they wont even discuss the cheaper antigen test. Horrible place, Medconsult.

Ko Samui, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
2 364 posts
6. Re: Rapid Antigen Testing in Bangkok for travel to USA
Save

Jon B, have you just joined TA to rant about someone ?

MedConsult charges THB 500 for Rapid Test (ATK), 1500 for an Antigen test and THB 2000 for a RT-PCR check. Your choice which test to take.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
112 posts
23 reviews
21 helpful votes
7. Re: Rapid Antigen Testing in Bangkok for travel to USA
Save

Has anyone traveled with a test yourself antigen test (like qured.us) with a video consultation and used that to re-enter the US?

Thailand
Destination Expert
for Thailand, Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
14 833 posts
4 reviews
8 helpful votes
8. Re: Rapid Antigen Testing in Bangkok for travel to USA
Save

#7 - While the US government is OK with those type tests, the question would be if the airport staff in Bangkok accept a test report that does not have a Thailand lab's name? And this decision could vary depending on the check in agent. With Antigen test costs in Thailand now as low as 500 baht, why mess with an unknown that will set you back more than 1500 baht?

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5 720 posts
54 reviews
49 helpful votes
9. Re: Rapid Antigen Testing in Bangkok for travel to USA
Save

Greg,

If you are not flying directly to US, make sure that this type of test is acceptable by the transit country.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
112 posts
23 reviews
21 helpful votes
10. Re: Rapid Antigen Testing in Bangkok for travel to USA
Save

You are right, I forgot I am transiting through Hong Kong and need a PCR. That will be tricky... I need a PCR within 72 hours for HK but an antigen or PCR within 1 day for USA. Do they have PCRs available in BKK with a < 24 hour turn around time? Also, I need a certificate that the lab is authorized (like in the USA, a copy of the CLIA certificate) for HK... And they just imposed these rules last week, very specific and not so easy to figure out in a foreign country :/

Edited: 15 December 2021, 23:34
Reply to: Rapid Antigen Testing in Bangkok for travel to USA
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bangkok
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.