We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mobile Phone Plans

Queensland...
Level Contributor
108 posts
136 reviews
58 helpful votes
Mobile Phone Plans
Save

Hi everyone, can anyone tell me if you can get a Mobile Phone Plans for around 2 months only, I see on the net some go up 15 days but I’m needing one for about 8 weeks. Thank you for your help in advance.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
6 701 posts
61 reviews
60 helpful votes
1. Re: Mobile Phone Plans
Save

There offer 30day plans when you get your sim card at the airport. When the 30days are up, simply walk into a DTAC/TRUE/AIS store and re-up for another 30days. Thats what I do.

Taling Ngam...
Level Contributor
6 288 posts
87 reviews
35 helpful votes
2. Re: Mobile Phone Plans
Save

If you get a DTAC SIM you can top up at any 7-11.

When you do buy the SIM it has to be registered with your passport, so make sure you have with you when purchasing the SIM card, regardless of which company you decide to use.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
3. Re: Mobile Phone Plans
Save

Im on a DTAC plan now and have added more data throughout my trip easily by downloading the DTAC app and using my credit card. Works great! Im upset the speed I get here in Thailand is wayy faster than anything I have seen in the States for a fraction of a cost. Speedtest app clocked my download speed at 52mb/s and 33mb/s upload

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
7 722 posts
1 423 reviews
520 helpful votes
4. Re: Mobile Phone Plans
Save

Sawasdee,

You could pay 2 months in advance, depending on your Internet and Call plan.

We have an Internet plan but we have to pay for calls with AIS.

We prepaid a few months in advance with AIS. AIS will automatically deduct fees for calls and the monthly plan from the prepaid fund.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
108 posts
136 reviews
58 helpful votes
5. Re: Mobile Phone Plans
Save

Thank you for your help, I been told that AIS is a good service provider

6. Re: Mobile Phone Plans

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2019, 07:17
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.