We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what is magic mushroom shakes???

INDIA
Level Contributor
31 posts
what is magic mushroom shakes???

Does anyone in this formun know what is magic mushroom shakes???

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
4 076 posts
23 reviews
41 helpful votes
1. Re: what is magic mushroom shakes???

You'd be hard pressed to find them these days, perhaps on a few the quieter spots on Koh PhanGan. Poisonous small mushrooms which have mind-bending effects somewhat similar to L.S.D. Not a good idea!

Moremi Game...
Level Contributor
659 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
2. Re: what is magic mushroom shakes???

Psilocybe cubensis are the mushrooms used , or hed kee quaat , buffalo poo mushrooms , not poisonous as such. You won't find them in pizzas or shakes as easily as years ago and they are best avoided if you do find them, unless you have a lot of experience.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1 486 posts
4 reviews
12 helpful votes
3. Re: what is magic mushroom shakes???

Psilocybe cubensis, or "Psilocybine" or "Psilocine"-containing plants "including all parts e.g. flower, stem, spore." are illegal to possess or sell in Thailand, as of October 1988. There is great debate if magic mushroom is included in this group as it is deemed not a plant. I suppose the debate will continue.

I can remember in my younger days having a magic mushroom omelette. It was an aweful experience as I didn't know what to expect and I was in Bali at the ripe old age of 16 with 2 other girls who also had no idea. Lets just say we were lucky to make it home, not sure if we made it home in one piece but were ok the next day with little recolection of what we had done except to say we had very dirty clothes so I assume we must have been rolling around somewhere. Maybe looking for more mushrooms lol.

The info I have read on the subject suggest that it is still common at the Full moon parties but I have not been so can't comment first hand.

Wen

Moremi Game...
Level Contributor
659 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
4. Re: what is magic mushroom shakes???

"we must have been rolling around somewhere"

Getting back to nature no doubt :)

I can't think of a worse place to take shrooms than the full moon party. A memeber of staff at our bungalows told us a woman took mushrooms some time back and was found running around naked on the beach and totaly incoherant. They took her to the hospital , not a good choice of action but they prolly didn't know what else to do.

5. Re: what is magic mushroom shakes???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 21:19