We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

closures

Graeagle, California
3 posts
closures
Save

Are any temples or other highly populated sights closed due to the Coronavirus? I have a friend in Vietnam who posted some places they wanted to see were closed.... We are coming the end of March. Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Phuket ...I realize a lot will change by then.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 536 posts
137 reviews
198 helpful votes
1. Re: closures
Save

Noting closed. It’s life as usual in Thailand.

Taling Ngam...
Level Contributor
6 288 posts
87 reviews
35 helpful votes
2. Re: closures
Save

After driving around much of Samui yesterday, in almost all areas, nothing is closed! There is no big panic on either... I am sure it's the same in most areas of Thailand.

Life is pretty normal, one rarely sees anybody wearing a mask, except perhaps people on motorcycles, but for preventing breathing in dust.

Even at the hospital the other day, only a few were wearing a mask, which is pretty normal to see there anyway.

Obviously take precautions, washing hands more often, etc.

The only thing making this sound worse than it is, trolls across the forums.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
10 122 posts
275 reviews
790 helpful votes
3. Re: closures
Save

If arriving @ end of March, why worry about today?

Graeagle, California
3 posts
4. Re: closures
Save

Because I have not booked our flights ....was curious when I heard Vietnam closed tourist attractions

Loughborough...
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
15 885 posts
60 reviews
115 helpful votes
5. Re: closures
Save

All absolutely normal in Chiang Mai. A few less Chinese.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia, Indonesia, Bangkok
Level Contributor
25 932 posts
161 reviews
99 helpful votes
6. Re: closures
Save

Gosh Nani. That’s a surprise that Vietnam has closed tourist attractions. Do you have any further information - for example, which places of interest have been closed?

Graeagle, California
3 posts
7. Re: closures
Save

I'll have to ask when she returns ...they were touring Hanoi

8. Re: closures

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2021, 07:41
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.