We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa

Level Contributor
30 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Visa

hi

I’m going to buy my 15 day visa at the border at KTM airport. I see you need passport photos and it’s 25$ can you pay in £ GBP?

Also do you need your full hotel address?

Thanks you!

30 replies to this topic
Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
11 391 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa

Hi freespriti

Visas can be paid for with GBP. Visas are priced in USD so the actual price will vary with the exchange rate.

If you are applying using a paper application form then a basic hotel address is required but if starting the application beforehand online or using the terminals at the airport then a full address is asked for. This can usually be found on the hotel's website. You might need to contact them for the ward number. (I'm not sure if making this up would matter at all.

scoodly

Whangarei, New...
Level Contributor
790 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa

Hi,

Yes, you can pay in GBP or any other major currency and no, you don't need your full hotel address.

Eric

My Nepal Pages https://wanderingeric.org/category/nepal/

Whangarei, New...
Level Contributor
790 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa

Hi,

Yes, you can pay in GBP or any other major currency and no, you don't need your full hotel address.

Eric

My Nepal Pages https://wanderingeric.org/category/nepal/

Level Contributor
30 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa

Thank you!!

Level Contributor
30 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa

Thank you!

Level Contributor
30 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa

Also - did you take a thermos flask / water bottle? I’d like to just have their boiled water to save on plastic etc - did you take a thermos flask with you or did you hire one or..?

India
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa

It is better you buy one and take along .

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
11 391 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa

Hi again

I take a water bottle, usually a metal one that can take very hot water. However, often the water has cooled down a little. I do not take an insulated flask. I do not think flasks can be hired but they will be available to buy. I would buy one at home where you will hava more choice.

scoodly

India
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa

YES Buy from home town

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
18 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visa

Hi

VOA at Kathmandu can be bought in any major currency. However if you are not paying in USD try and have the correct amount (amounts are on the website I think)

They often don't have enough change if you pay in GBP/Euros etc.

It's not immediately obvious what to do when you get there! It appears quite chaotic!

When you enter the airport then turn immediately left and join the queue to PAY for your visa before you do anything else. You only need your passport for this. They will give you a receipt.

DO NOT JOIN THE IMMIGRATION QUEUE TIL YOU HAVE DONE THIS!

Whilst you queue, fill in and immigration card and also have a filled out paper visa application form which you can download from the website before you go (there are some floating about but they were a bit in short supply when we were there!) There are fancy new electronic terminals on the LH side where you can put your electronic chipped passport in the reader and it scans your details. No of these were working when we were there, so I'd stick with the paper!!! You will need a passport photo.

Then take all this lot over to the immigration queue....and bingo!!!

Just a note; there is an ATM in the arrivals hall, placed not very obviously to the left of the money exchange desk. If you need it, then use it before you go through immigration as there isn't one outside.

Reply to: Visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kathmandu