We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nagarkot Tourism Fee

melb
Level Contributor
11 posts
16 reviews
Nagarkot Tourism Fee

We have just returned from a wonderful 2 days exploring Nagarkot and surrounds. Just wanted to mention they have introduced a Tourism Service Charge per person of 339rupee.

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
15 241 posts
56 reviews
1. Re: Nagarkot Tourism Fee

Thanks fjjjjtjd.

That looks like 300 NPR plus 13%.

Please could you tell us more; how was it collected - at a check point or the hotel, did you get a receipt...

scoodly

Whangarei, New...
Level Contributor
1 631 posts
61 reviews
2. Re: Nagarkot Tourism Fee

Hi all,

I saw a similar charge mentioned on one of the Facebook pages that I follow. This one was for Changu Narayan and also NRP300. I suspect that after the Namche crowd got away with it we'll see a whole lot more of these charges.

Eric

My Nepal Pages https://wanderingeric.org/category/nepal/

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
2 857 posts
106 reviews
3. Re: Nagarkot Tourism Fee

Beginning to remind me of those "voluntary" Maoist fees in the 2000s.

4. Re: Nagarkot Tourism Fee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 October 2017, 12:35
Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
15 241 posts
56 reviews
5. Re: Nagarkot Tourism Fee

It's going to get very silly indeed.

scoodly

Ballarat
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Nagarkot Tourism Fee

I'd like to see a fee for the public toilets around Thamel and Kathmandu. Oops thats right cant ever remember seeing any public toilets. I love Nepal but sometimes their thinking is just all about gouging the money from the tourist. Pissed that last time I was in Bhaktapur I had to pay 1500 rupees but Chinese only paid 250 or so. Totally racist policy so I just will bypass any fee boxes if possible!

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
17 974 posts
170 reviews
7. Re: Nagarkot Tourism Fee

Hi Ballarat, we found a public toilet near Durban Square. They charged a fee but don't provide toilet paper.

I wasn't impressed with 1500 Nr fee to get into Bakatpur.

I Patan, they charged a full fee but the museum wasn't open on that day. No discount for that.

There are fees everywhere and it really leaves a sour taste in one's mouth.

8. Re: Nagarkot Tourism Fee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2018, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Kathmandu