We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm back for another trek this month!! Opinions....??

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
368 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
I'm back for another trek this month!! Opinions....??

I did EBC last year as a solo female & found it very manageable and loved it so much

I plan to go back next week and wondering:

1. Is it worth it to do EBC 3 pass (I love to be challenged)

2. Should I do Annapurna instead since never been? Is it challenging?

3. What about manislu?

4. Is there anywhere in India or maybe near Delhi that can give me similar trek experience of nature, trek, villagers, monasteries?

5. I would like to include a few days of meditation at the end is there anywhere in KTM, Namche, Pokhora, anywhere else you'd recommend?

6. Any other solo travelers in October want to meet up?!

Thanks so much!! :-))

Faina

11 replies to this topic
Whangarei, New...
Level Contributor
782 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm back for another trek this month!! Opinions....??

Hi Faina,

Glad you enjoyed your previous trek in Nepal.

1) Yes, it's worth it. I've been many times to the Everest area and always enjoy it. The three passes can be a good challenge or how about climbing a trekking peak?

2) The Annapurna is a different kind of trek but a walk to ABC is always worth it.

3) Another great trek, Nepal is full of them :)

4) The closest to Delhi that I can think of would be Manali or Leh

5) scoodly will know this better than me but one monastery that holds frequent meditation courses in Kathmandu is Kopan http://kopanmonastery.com/

6) Not me, unfortunately, I won't be back until February next year. but there are bound to be some.

Eric

My Nepal Pages https://wanderingeric.org/category/nepal/

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
368 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm back for another trek this month!! Opinions....??

Thanks Eric!! :-)

Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm back for another trek this month!! Opinions....??

Hi

Here are my answers regarding your questions.

1. Is it worth it to do EBC 3 pass (I love to be challenged) ==> If you are looking for more adventure, this is the best trek in everest region.

2. Should I do Annapurna instead since never been? Is it challenging? ==> It is another option to make Annapurna circuit with Tilicho Lake and Thorong La pass. It cost cheap than doing EBC three pass. because Everest region make more costly with the flight of Lukla

3. What about manislu? --> Manaslu is also another adventure trekking. Manaslu is restricted area and you should join with the registered trekking company and compulsory to trek with guide.

4. Is there anywhere in India or maybe near Delhi that can give me similar trek experience of nature, trek, villagers, monasteries? ==? Sorry no Idea

5. I would like to include a few days of meditation at the end is there anywhere in KTM, Namche, Pokhora, anywhere else you'd recommend? ==> Kopan Monastery in Kathmandu will be good. There are lot other Yoga places in Kathmandu. You can google it.

Thanks

6. Any other solo travelers in October want to meet up?!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
368 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm back for another trek this month!! Opinions....??

Thank you Nepal Highland! :-)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
368 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm back for another trek this month!! Opinions....??

Also another question:

Since Annapurna seems much easier is it reasonable to do it without a guide or Porter on my own?

Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I'm back for another trek this month!! Opinions....??

As we are responsible company, we do not suggest to trek remote area trekking without guide and porter. But there are many peoples doing solo trekking without guide and porter. If you are concern about making this very safety and confidently, suggest to take at least a Guide or a porter.

Thank you

Cumbria
Level Contributor
4 987 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I'm back for another trek this month!! Opinions....??

Lots of Good info from Eric and just a few snippets to add

1) Yes, you could trek EBC again and include the 3 passes (I haven’t trekked the 3 passes) but if you did so, then you might like to think about walking in from Jiri or even Tumlingtar – That is if you haven’t already done one of the routes, but if you have, then I would suggest you try the other

2) Yes – There are Lots of great treks that you can add onto AC too, and although the road building certainly haven’t enhanced parts of the circuit, there is still a LOT of wonderful trekking to be had in the region

3) Manaslu is in a restricted area, so you would need to find at least one trek-mate and hire a guide to enable you to obtain your restricted area permit – But if you are happy to do this, although I haven’t trekked the route myself, I have heard only good reports about it

4) Although I have been to places like McLeod Ganj in Himachal Pradesh, I haven’t undertaken any serious trekking there and can’t really comment

5) Kopan comes highly recommended http://kopanmonastery.com/

6) If you are still there in November, drop me a line :-)

Good Luck and Happy Safe Travels

Rob

Travel Pages including Nepal blog https:/…

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
5 865 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I'm back for another trek this month!! Opinions....??

If you've trekked Everest solo, of course you can also trek Annapurnas solo. And there are other choices, Langtang Gosainkund Helambu, ...

In India Uttarakhand, 'near' Delhi but very slow by bus, there are some short treks with accomodation (more basic than Nepal) on the way such as Pindari Glacier, Harkidun. It is the area of Hindu pilgrimage sites (and temples). The season ends there in November.

Edited: 09 October 2017, 10:13
England, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: I'm back for another trek this month!! Opinions....??

There are loads of treks in Ladahk (I was there for a couple of months in the summer) but now isnt the time to go trekking. There is, however, a hike on a frozen river that should be accessible and a real one off! You'd have to do some research to find the name!

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
67 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I'm back for another trek this month!! Opinions....??

Langtang valley - wonderful scenic trek. We just completed 10 days up there - the terrain and scenery are varied and interesting, and there are many new teahouses due to the earthquake rebuild.

Reply to: I'm back for another trek this month!! Opinions....??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted