We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top 5 Indian Tour Operators

Italy
Level Contributor
39 912 posts
253 reviews
213 helpful votes
Top 5 Indian Tour Operators
Save

The Sunday Express have published the top 5 best tour operators for India, I personally don't use tour operators as I prefer to book everything myself but there are a lot of topics regarding this subject so thougt I'd post the Express findings.

1) Cox & Kings

2) Voyages Jules Verne

3) Hayes &Jarvis

4) Greaves Travel and Oberoi Hotel & Resorts

5) Treyn Holidays (Rail holidays in India)

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Top 5 Indian Tour Operators
Save

I am a single traveller with some years on the clock, but pretty fit! For a special holiday I want to go to India, probably the north eastern part. Has anyone had recent experience of good or bad experiences,from a tour company in the UK? They do seem quite expensive and I don't want to make a costly mistake. I was thinking of going in the first half of 2014. Thanks in advance.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
193 posts
2. Re: Top 5 Indian Tour Operators
Save

Hi Ruth,

You can look into forum for some good and reliable travel companies who can help you out arranging your trip. It is advisable to have quotes from couple of agents based in India as well and compare to get the best deal. Before booking your trip, ensure inclusion and exclusion of package to avoid any further inconvenience.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1 798 posts
12 reviews
95 helpful votes
3. Re: Top 5 Indian Tour Operators
Save

Always money saving to go with local operators.

You get a good price and you help directly locals by doing so.

Giants have connection to go top on chart.

You can find many on google.

4. Re: Top 5 Indian Tour Operators

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the Tripadvisor community and has been removed.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the Tripadvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 August 2013, 17:35
5. Re: Top 5 Indian Tour Operators

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the Tripadvisor community and has been removed.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the Tripadvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 August 2013, 16:05
Warsaw, Poland
1 post
6. Re: Top 5 Indian Tour Operators
Save

Hmmm. You are right to support local people. Of course. But from other side who you are by profession in your country. Do you want to earn your seller f.eg. to spend money for holidays, for education, for food ? Maybe You can’t find job at your country since some time and you are angry, unhappy because of that? If your philosophy is to reduce all middleman, what is traditional rule of commerce since ancient. To create chain , to let each by each to earn some money is creating employment market. You are looking for direct contact (local) for your holiday. I don’t know what is your profession, but let’s look from that point : your job, service somebody always avoid as looking in internet direct contact to release your profit. So everybody is realising everybody. Finally you loose job, or have to close your business, as your clients are realising you from their interest, as they can buy through internet directly what they are looking for. That is Vicious circle you don’t want let to ear the money to somebody at your destination, others are not giving you chance to earn the money. In longer perspective lots of people don’t earn, so they do have money to spend event directly – f.eg. to the local agencies. That is one think.

2. in case of booking your holiday at agent’s office at your country , in case of any problems you have a chance to complain, to ask for money back, to go to the court. You are covered by low. In case of direct booking f.eg. in India, Nepal, you are buying dreams which you will revised directly after landing, during tour. Complains? What complains! They are just sorry and finding reasons to keep your money. Of course not everybody. In the world are hundreds thousands very honest people which are respecting clients. But you have to sure of trust of the person which is giving you recommendation. It happened that ordered copywriters are typing on many portals, social media portals, as private people, but they are employed by company for the money, or just staff of the company .

There is no rule. The best is to use trustful partner service. LET PEOPLE EARN, SO THEY WILL LET YOU EARN YOUR MONEY.

Good luck from Ewa

7. Re: Top 5 Indian Tour Operators

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2016, 12:46
8. Re: Top 5 Indian Tour Operators

Removed on: 18 August 2013, 08:05
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6 214 posts
284 reviews
343 helpful votes
9. Re: Top 5 Indian Tour Operators
Save

Hi momentstoremember, I haven't heard of that company. Be aware of fancy websites, but lack of reviews!

I have used a local Indian based tour company the last two times i went to India and had a great experience. It takes out the middle man and saves you money. Also, keep in mind that cheaper isn't always necessarily better. A good tour operator prides themselves on good well trained drivers with clean, maintained safe cars and a well-run operation.

this is my trip review from my first trip to India -

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g293860-i511-k5736010-Our_family_trip_review_August_2012-India.html#43414978

Jo

10. Re: Top 5 Indian Tour Operators

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2016, 12:46
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.