We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ulendo

Holmes Chapel...
Level Contributor
37 posts
9 reviews
3 helpful votes
Ulendo

Following some dated advice on this forum, I tried to download the Ulendo taxi app, but I could not find a link on Google Play.

I did find a link to something called 'Go' does anybody know if that works, and if it's reliable in Lusaka.

Thanks

7 replies to this topic
Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
5 216 posts
600 reviews
265 helpful votes
1. Re: Ulendo

Been to Lusaka a fair few times.

It's fairly safe and the blue cabs are everywhere which you can just flag down.

Never used the Ulendo app.

Where will you be travelling to and from?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3 226 posts
1 review
2. Re: Ulendo

Google search suggests its been rebranded or renamed as GO app.

Stone, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
3. Re: Ulendo

Thanks for the replies. Following my trip, here is the information I found.

Ulendo, as suggested has been rebranded 'Go'. There is another taxi App called 'Yango' which locals tend to favour.

I used both succesfully during my trip, although I had to buy a local SIM card in order to obtain a local phone number, which is needed to register on the App. I didnt have a phone number with the Esim which I had purcased before leaving the UK.

The only issue we had was when a driver which we booked on Yango from the Airport tried to renegotaite the fare when we were about a mile into the journey. When we refused and drew her attention to the fare agreed in the App she would not take us, Instead she took us back to the Airport.

I read later that the drivers have no control of fares and it seems fairly common to attempt to renegotiate mid route. I recommend you confirm the fare with the driver before begining your journey, even though the fare has been agreed in the App at the point of booking.

I hope that helps.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3 226 posts
1 review
4. Re: Ulendo

I assume cash option gets you a ride, and thanks for a great report.

Holmes Chapel...
Level Contributor
37 posts
9 reviews
3 helpful votes
5. Re: Ulendo

Yes, I tried, but was unable to attach my debit or credit cards to the app. I paid for the journeys in cash.

Holmes Chapel...
Level Contributor
37 posts
9 reviews
3 helpful votes
6. Re: Ulendo

Yes, I tried, but was unable to attach my debit or credit cards to the app. I paid for the journeys in cash.

Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
5 216 posts
600 reviews
265 helpful votes
7. Re: Ulendo

Thank you for the update.

Good to know.

Reply to: Ulendo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Zambia
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.