We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not visiting Devils Pool

Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Not visiting Devils Pool

We have 4 nights and.3 full days in Zimbabwe at Victoria Falls (in two weeks time). We have scheduled a helicopter ride, will go for afternoon tea and know that one day we want to do the walking at VF national park.

We were hoping to cross into the Zambia side for one of the days but we don't really want to do the Devil/Angel pool and the cost is quite significant rather we are hoping the views from the falls in a helicopter will satisfy us! So my question is what should we do instead of this if we had a full day in Zambia?

We already have time dedicated to Botswana separately.

5 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
8 918 posts
1. Re: Not visiting Devils Pool

I'm not really clear from your post what cost you're referring to- the cost of the Devil's pool trip, or the cost of just crossing to Zambia to view the falls? If the latter, I'm not sure why this should be costly if you get a KAZA visa. The entrance fee on the Zambia side is less than on the Zim side.

Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
2. Re: Not visiting Devils Pool

Sorry I was on about the actual cost of the Devils Pool trip. We are from the UK so unlikely to get Kaza visa but we already need a double and single entry visa for Zimbabwe to visit both Zambia and Botswana.

I'm thinking the rhino walk may be a good option.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
8 918 posts
3. Re: Not visiting Devils Pool

I haven't done the rhino walk for many years, but it used to be very good, especially if you haven't been able to see rhino elsewhere on your trip.

Not sure what you mean about "unlikely to get a KAZA". There is no reason why you can't have one, Zim officials are being difficult because they get more money from UK people if you don't, but I think you just need to be prepared to stand your ground and insist.

Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
4. Re: Not visiting Devils Pool

Thanks

I think we will do the rhino walk as an alternative and then spend some time at the Zambia side. The Kaza visa would be helpful for our entry into Zimbabwe the to visit Zambia and reenter Zimbabwe. We then leave (by land) to Botswana for a week and return to Victoria Falls (by land again) so I am presuming if we get a Kaza Visa and then upon rentry into Zimbabwe from Botswana just a single entry visa again this would be fine.

Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
5 216 posts
600 reviews
265 helpful votes
5. Re: Not visiting Devils Pool

You're a British passport holder and can get a Kaza on your arrival.

Devils Pool is not compulsory.

We had the most wonderful sunset boat rides in Zambia and saw lots of wild life.

Mukuni Park Curio market is worth a visit if want to buy souvenirs.

Reply to: Not visiting Devils Pool
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Zambia
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.