We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

E-Visa Experience, South Africa

Islamabad, Pakistan
10 posts
E-Visa Experience, South Africa

Hello,

Recently SA started issuing e-visas to certain countries, and I was hoping if anyone has had any experince applying through their online portal ?

Hopin to travel to Joburg soon.

Thank you !

833 replies to this topic
1 post
1. Re: E-Visa Experience, South Africa

Applied mine last month and no response until now. The helpline is not working, sent emails and no reply. All my hotels and flights are booked and unfortunately, no response. The status of my e visa is ‘awaiting for adjudication outcome’. Most of the evisa that you applied from other destinations normally released their results within 2 to 3 days max, but SA evisa program is not like that.

1 post
2. Re: E-Visa Experience, South Africa

Hello please update here when you finally get your evisa..wish you success. Many thanks

3. Re: E-Visa Experience, South Africa

Hello, has anyone ever gotten South Africa e-visa?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: E-Visa Experience, South Africa

I applied for mine last week and until now no result. Did anyone get their result?

Islamabad, Pakistan
10 posts
5. Re: E-Visa Experience, South Africa

Nope, I applied 3 months ago. E-visa, no news yet.

2 posts
6. Re: E-Visa Experience, South Africa

Mine shoes awaiting adjudication past 35 days, mails are not replied to, I guess it is another way to hoodwink travelers and force them to apply via VFS, where one has to spend Rs 4K.

Application Date

2022-04-20

Status Date

2022-05-24

Passport Number

Application Status

SUBMITTED

Progress Status

Awaiting adjudication outcome

Islamabad, Pakistan
10 posts
7. Re: E-Visa Experience, South Africa

Same :|

Islamabad, Pakistan
10 posts
8. Re: E-Visa Experience, South Africa

Hope it goes well for everyone. InShaAllah

2 posts
9. Re: E-Visa Experience, South Africa

I have been querying the E-Visa application status on behalf of 16 travelers, who are to depart India on 25th May (Tomorrow, to no availl.. there is no one to escalate the matter to, the staff at the head office call center don't even know what the process is. The applications were made on 10 May 2022, indicating that it would take three days! I'm so embarrassed that this system could be rolled out and no one can assist!

Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
10. Re: E-Visa Experience, South Africa

Hello there, Just wanted to share my personal experience. Please dont apply for E Visa for now. Apparently there is a huge backlog and applications arent getting approved. I applied in early April and there has been no update till now. I then went ahead and applied the paper visa through the local embassy in Riyadh and got my visa in 4 days! Clearly thats the better option for now.

Reply to: E-Visa Experience, South Africa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.