We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rent a golf cart ???

california
Level Contributor
1 412 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
rent a golf cart ???

Our ship cruise will stop by Avalon Cruise port . I would like to know where to rent a golf cart with reasonable price. Does any one know how much the cost per day or per half of day . We are 4 adult members in our party . Do we fit in one golf car. What document is needed to rent a golf car ? I am open for all suggestions. Thank you .

42 replies to this topic
Auburn,ca.
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: rent a golf cart ???

We will arriving on a cruise ship on April 11 and we would need 5. 6 person carts.Do we need to reserve them.?

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21 690 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: rent a golf cart ???

Have you read all the posts in the thread? We've never reserved them ahead. When we've landed on a cruise ship, we still didn't reserve them because an hour is all we need to go around the streets allowed on. We did go directly to one of the cart renters, and put our name on the clip board.

Be sure and have all cash.

If you want to tie up 3 hours, then you can reserve in advance. Remember, you can't go in the back country.

https:/…

1 post
Save Reply
33. Re: rent a golf cart ???

My daughter and I are coming to Catalina via the Catalina Flyer. I cannot walk far and would like a golf cart for two for the day from 10 am to 3 pm. Is that possible? How much will it cost and could I reserve it?

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
911 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: rent a golf cart ???

Katterfran - if you just need a couple rides a day for your dad to and from your friends' place, it might be a lot cheaper to just get taxi rides when he needs them.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
911 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: rent a golf cart ???

The cruise ships visiting Avalon are tendered.

Palmdale, California
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: rent a golf cart ???

Island Carts (which is different from the vendor above) rents to 21 and above.

Southern California
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: rent a golf cart ???

Does anyone rent golf carts on a daily or multi day rate?

Catalina Island...
Level Contributor
115 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: rent a golf cart ???

Golf carts are rented by the hour only. They are more for the purpose of a self-guided tour vs. transportation. The Garibaldi bus service provides transportation around town for $1/ride.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21 690 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: rent a golf cart ???

Also, depends where you are staying. The hotels in Avalon where we have stayed at don't come with parking spaces. If you are over in Hamilton Cove, I believe those units come with a golf cart.

Catalina Island...
Level Contributor
115 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: rent a golf cart ???

Yes, all of the rental units at Hamilton Cove, as well as a few rental properties in Avalon, include use of a golf cart. Guests staying at Mt. Ada also receive use of a golf cart for the duration of their stay.

Edited: 08 April 2017, 00:24
Reply to: rent a golf cart ???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Avalon