We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating dinner outside right now - too hot?

USA
Level Contributor
201 posts
5 reviews
18 helpful votes
Eating dinner outside right now - too hot?
Save

We're goingt to make a reservation at Sea Catch in Georgetown for next week. Maybe around 7 PM. Do you think it will be too hot to eat outside in the evening? We're coming from Colorado, and have no idea! Thanks!

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12 293 posts
122 reviews
338 helpful votes
1. Re: Eating dinner outside right now - too hot?
Save

Well--they think that the current heatwave will have broken by then. However, that doesn't mean that the humidity will go away--it only means that the temperatures will be lower. So it's up to you.

Rockville, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
2 258 posts
38 reviews
60 helpful votes
2. Re: Eating dinner outside right now - too hot?
Save

You can decide when you arrive whether you want to eat inside or outside. And being from Colorado, you should be used to summer mosquito swarms - I ran into my first this evening.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
46 posts
3. Re: Eating dinner outside right now - too hot?
Save

It is very humid and even if the temperatures are in the 80s, which is cool, the humidity will make it feel a lot worse. I'd recommend eating inside.

Get answers to your questions about Washington DC
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.