We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roadtrip from Washington DC -Delaware- New York in 5-6 days

Switzerland
4 posts
Roadtrip from Washington DC -Delaware- New York in 5-6 days
Save

Hi

We're traveling to Washington DC on the 5 October.

On the 7th of october we want to drive to new york in 5-6 days.

but we still do not know where the best spots und must seen are on this trip

I hope you have any ideas and suggestions for us.

our ideas are:

from DC to the beach in delaware and frome there up to ny

we dont want to go to philadelphia or baltimore

is there a good outlet for sportswear, youth fashion, and "green" stores?

i realy hope i find hear some tips where to stay, what to see and where to shop

i hope you understand my bad english ;)

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington, Washington DC
Level Contributor
18 289 posts
140 reviews
290 helpful votes
1. Re: Roadtrip from Washington DC -Delaware- New York in 5-6 days
Save

Since you plan to travel over more than one state, I recommend you post your question on the Road Trips forum. See: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12567-Road_Trips.html

(And your English is perfectly fine. No one should have a problem understanding what you are asking.)

Washington DC
Level Contributor
7 800 posts
67 reviews
65 helpful votes
2. Re: Roadtrip from Washington DC -Delaware- New York in 5-6 days
Save

The US doesn't have many green stores that I can think of, not even sure what you are referring to. Stores that focus on ecological goods or something like that are usually smaller stores, expensive, and not in outlets. US youth fashion isn't going to impress you from Europe. CLothes may be cheaper than in Switzerland though, but some of the same chains are here, anyway (like H&M or Zara)

I think there are some outlet stores in New Jersey. There aren't any usually in big cities, they are outside of town. Here are some of them

https://www.visitnj.org/nj/shopping/discount-outlets

Sales tax is cheaper in NJ than in DC or Maryland or NY. Delaware is the cheapest, they don't have a sales tax, so try to go shopping there.

https://www.visitdelaware.com/things-to-do/shopping/malls-outlet-centers/

CHristiana and Concord Malls might work for you if you are driving.

Aeropostale and Forever 21 are two cheap US chain stores aimed at youth.

Switzerland
4 posts
3. Re: Roadtrip from Washington DC -Delaware- New York in 5-6 days
Save

longhorn74

thx you i am happy that you understand my question :). oh ok its my first post so i was not sure if i pick the right topic. thank you for your advice.

christinaw thx you for so many tips. i will look at all of it now :) great.

and yes, you where right about the meaning of the "green" ;)))

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
4 740 posts
8 reviews
2 helpful votes
4. Re: Roadtrip from Washington DC -Delaware- New York in 5-6 days
Save

If you want to go to the Beach then there are a ton of towns along the Jersey Shore that wouldn't require nearly as much of a detour as Delaware would. A place like Asbury Park. Or you could stay in NYC and visit Coney Island or Rockaway Beach. Definitely a different kind of experience compared to Delaware but a good mix of getting to see the Ocean without adding hours in the car.

In DC there's a huge REI store near Union Station which is a famous Outdoors/Camping Brand.

Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
13 890 posts
4 reviews
3 helpful votes
5. Re: Roadtrip from Washington DC -Delaware- New York in 5-6 days
Save

Do you mean spend 5 or 6 days driving the 250 miles to NYC and skip the major famous places? I think you would better off spending an extra day or two in DC and an extra day or two in NYC (assuming you really want to skip Philadelphia)

Most beach resorts have completely closed up by the beginning of October. You could visit Princeton, NJ.

6. Re: Roadtrip from Washington DC -Delaware- New York in 5-6 days

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2020, 06:41
Get answers to your questions about Washington DC
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.