We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is around Memorial Day a bad time to visit DC?

Uniontown...
Level Contributor
20 posts
15 reviews
12 helpful votes
Is around Memorial Day a bad time to visit DC?
Save

We would like to visit DC Spring of 2018. We will come in via Amtrak's Capitol Limited, and will probably stay at the Phoenix Park Hotel. As I look at the rates at the hotel, they are lowest on Fridays and Saturdays of course... but I notice that around Memorial Day, rates stay low for several days before or after the usual Friday/Saturday window.

So, the question is whether there are reasons NOT to visit DC around either Memorial Day or July 4th? What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,

Jerry in Pennsylvania.

Maryland
Level Contributor
918 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
1. Re: Is around Memorial Day a bad time to visit DC?
Save

Rolling Thunder will be going during Memorial Day (motorcycle rally for vets). It can be loud and make crossing some streets tough but I believe it only impacts DC on Sunday and is not a reason to not come in my book (it's actually very cool to see).

July 4th can be hot but you have a lot of stuff going in DC around then.

DC is a company town and hotel rates go down around the holidays so come and take advantage of the cheaper rates..

2. Re: Is around Memorial Day a bad time to visit DC?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2018, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Washington DC
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.