We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 bedroom apartments in st kilda

leeds uk
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
2 bedroom apartments in st kilda

hi, all

I am hoping to come to australia next april and hope to spend a few nights in melbourne , i have lived in australia in the past in adelaide and have always wanted to go to st kilda but never have,please could you give me some good info on hotels , 2 bedroom apartments so far have see urban and adina are they good ones i see urban looks more expensive ,any info would be great thanks

5 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
28 510 posts
66 reviews
1. Re: 2 bedroom apartments in st kilda

Hello,

There's quite a few apartment hotels in St Kilda, but it's a little hit and miss in terms of quality, and what exactly it is that they offer. Please note that Urban St Kilda isn't an apartment hotel.

Of the choices available, I'd consider these four;

* Adina - if your priority is space, this property is for you. Their two bedroom at 80sqm is easily the biggest in St.Kilda. Well appointed, two Queen beds, and has everything you need.

* Cosmopolitan - although this property is a hotel (as opposed to an apartment hotel), they have a two bedroom apartment. It's slightly an oddity, as they do have a full kitchen - in size - but doesn't have a stove, so it's microwave only as far as I know. And it also does not have a laundrette. It is 64sqm, two double beds, but the thing that is different about this property, is that it's full service, so it's like a traditional hotel with more staff.

* Quest Bayside - this apartment isn't really a 'true' two bedroom, as the second room is a partitioned alcove. At 56sqm, it isn't overly large, and the kitchen is galley style, so it's not full size. The property is really popular as it has a strong reputation for great service, and their rates are slightly lower, which is a reflection of it's apartment size.

* Apartments at Ink - easily one of the most popular, as this two bedroom is probably the most modern in design, and the configuration is versatile. One bedroom is a Queen bed, the other is an option of either a 'twin' with two singles or a King bed. It's a reasonable 67sqm, and although it's not a 'full' kitchen, it's an oversized galley/wall kitchen.

Edited: 01 July 2014, 20:29
Melboune
Level Contributor
2 278 posts
206 reviews
2. Re: 2 bedroom apartments in st kilda

KVE has provided some great information. All I'd add is to note the location of Apartments at Ink. These are on the other side of St Kilda Rd to what some would see as the main parts of St Kilda, so it's a bit of a walk to Acland St etc. There's an Aldi store at street level of the building, in case that's relevant.

leeds uk
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
3. Re: 2 bedroom apartments in st kilda

Thanks for the information to me sounds like adina or cosmopolian will fit our needs well, i would rather be closer to where the action is pubs restaurants attraction shops etc ,acland street seems to be a good area so anywhere close to that would be good,any good reasonably priced restaurants /pubs and ideas of good attractions to see would also be gratefully recieved, also how much would it cost in a taxi from the airport to st kilda direct so we dont have to go into the city,thanks in advance for help

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
363 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: 2 bedroom apartments in st kilda

Just to note that I wouldn't discard option of Ink apartments straight away. While not "in the thick of things", it is an easy 15 min walk to Fitzroy and Ackland st and is quiet. Adina, on the other hand, is right on the Fitzroy st, which is on the go around the clock and has a tram running along it. I guess it all depends on how good is their soundproofing and how light a sleeper you are...

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 115 posts
5. Re: 2 bedroom apartments in st kilda

I quite like the Sentence – it has the most amazing characters, full stop. The space next door to the Capital is also recommended. In fact, the whole of Para graphically demonstrates what a fantastic choice it is for a semantic getaway. It shouldn't be too hard to find the write place...

Reply to: 2 bedroom apartments in st kilda
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about St Kilda