We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Urban St Kilda

Roxanne2010
Level Contributor
69 posts
24 reviews
Hotel Urban St Kilda

I have booked a Deluxe Spa Room for four nights this week and I can't really see - or am not looking properly! - if is there a kettle and a refrigerator (small bar 'fridge) in this sort of room? I am guessing IF there is a kettle (at least!) then cups will also be provided. I am happy to pack my own tea bags and buy some milk - from my experience there is never enough! - but I was wondering if I needed to throw in the immersion heater. Many thanks for any advice,

6 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
28 550 posts
66 reviews
1. Re: Hotel Urban St Kilda

Yes there is.

Every room has a minibar fridge, as well as tea & coffee facilities. The Deluxe King Spa suite also has a capsule coffee machine included.

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
6 292 posts
60 reviews
2. Re: Hotel Urban St Kilda

I have never been in a hotel room in Australia (at least that I can remember), where there is no tea or coffee making facilities or small refrigerator.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Moab
Level Contributor
3 590 posts
56 reviews
3. Re: Hotel Urban St Kilda

Navy, Never had the pleasure of an Ibis Budget (ex Formule 1)? ;)

Admittedly a world away from the class of a Hotel Urban. From my experience with the Urban Brisbane the OP shouldn't have any trouble.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
28 550 posts
66 reviews
4. Re: Hotel Urban St Kilda

I agree, the Urbans are great little bunch of hotels, and one of very few that really makes an effort to be genuinely personable. Great story of husband and wife who worked hard to make a wonderful family product. Very sad that Les Erdi passed away last year, but three cheers to his wife for continuing his legacy.

Noel - how did you go getting to Launceston?

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Moab
Level Contributor
3 590 posts
56 reviews
5. Re: Hotel Urban St Kilda

KVE - Left Melbourne 12 hours late which we thought would still give us a few hours before the festival. Turns out 20 years too early...

Roxanne2010
Level Contributor
69 posts
24 reviews
6. Re: Hotel Urban St Kilda

Many thanks for the positive advice. This is my first time at Hotel Urban so I will report back. Although I have had several trips to St Kilda for the F1 GP this is a change of accommodation so I will see how it goes. Cheers,

Reply to: Hotel Urban St Kilda
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about St Kilda