We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rosebank Forum

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
81 348 posts
59 reviews
97 helpful votes
Rosebank Forum
Save

This initial post will serve to activate the Rosebank Forum, both in a search and in the "Jump to a more specific forum" drop down list in the Western Cape and Cape Town forums (in a couple of days after the system synchs.)

It will allow the listings for Rosebank to be accessed from its own forum and not just one of the parent forums.

3 replies to this topic
Mezy-sur-Seine...
Level Contributor
1 243 posts
90 reviews
32 helpful votes
1. Re: Rosebank Forum
Save

May I ask why you feel the need for a special Rosebank forum? It's a tiny, quiet, little suburb of Cape Town with very little of interest to any tourist - no restaurants, no hotels, few shops even. Students may be interested to find accommodation there but beyond that I can't think of a single reason for it to have its own forum.

Francoise Armour, Tours du Cap

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
10 823 posts
2. Re: Rosebank Forum
Save

Francoise I agree. Rosebank is fine but there is very little there for the tourist. Why would someone from Canada want to do this? Her/his profile shows 44,700 posts in forums but there is no evidence they have ever been to Rosebank, Cape Town, South Africa or even to Africa!! These suburb forums are a total waste of time and just confuse people. Just post in the main Cape Town forum. The nearby much bigger and famous suburb of Newlands has it's own forum. Over the years this has amassed the magnificent total of just two threads!! Although in the Cape Town forum has dozens of posts asking about Newlands. That's were the questions belong. I notice that Vancouver quite happily makes do with one forum.

There is an even bigger problem. Anyone here in the South Africa forums interested in "Rosebank" is 95 percent likely to be interested in Rosebank in Johannesburg. A suburb where there are many big tourist hotels as well as great neighbourhood markets and other things for tourists. However people have always been happy to post in the Joburg Forum or maybe Sandton. They won't notice the search for Rosebank picked up a tiny suburb in Cape Town!

Now this Cape Town Forum will slowly end up accumulating posts - for Rosebank in Joburg. Hence everyone gets confused. I will write to TA and ask them to remove this forum.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
9 posts
31 reviews
11 helpful votes
3. Re: Rosebank Forum
Save

I understand that the reason for the forum is an attempt to separate the two Rosebanks. All the restaurants in both Rosebanks are lumped together, which I queried. I don't fully understand how these things work, but MuftiVancouver is trying to help resolve the problem and this is apparently the remedy.

Reply to: Rosebank Forum
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rosebank
Recent Conversations
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.