We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

verona for 5 days

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
22 posts
62 reviews
verona for 5 days

Hi TA members. You have always been amazing help in the past so I thought I'd try again. I'm taking my sister to Verona as a present. She's in remission for the 2nd time and has had loads of operations so I'm trying to plan a wonderful trip thats interesting, but takes into account her fragility. Walking all day will be too much for her. We land in the morning and leave at night so we have 5 full days. We're going mid October so I've missed the opera season (so disappointed) and the venice operas are out of budget. Could you suggest a 5 day itinary that includes a day in venice... Lake Garda and 3 days in Verona?

As ever thank you in advance I'm very grateful.

P.

3 replies to this topic
Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
7 144 posts
96 reviews
1. Re: verona for 5 days

You have a couple of options for getting to Lake Garda from Verona. There are direct buses to the towns on the eastern shore as far as Garda and also a bus to Sirmione. It really depends on how much walking your sister can manage. Buses stop on the main road around the lake and then you will have a 10/15 walk to reach the lakeside and centres. You could alternatively take a train to Peschiera del Garda but from the station its a 15/200 minute walk into the centre. Maybe a bus to Garda and then use ferries to visit a couple of other towns before returning by bus to Verona. If its a possibility for you, there is a flat lakeside path between Garda and Bardolino but it is around a 50 minute stroll, there are benches and cafes along the way. There is a shorter flat lakeside walk between Bardolino and Cisano, around 20/25 minutes.

You can find al the bus timetables here

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g185…

Also the ferry timetable from the 8th October

navigazionelaghi.it/doc/…202018-2019.pdf

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
22 posts
62 reviews
2. Re: verona for 5 days

Thank you Tepore for such a fast and helpful reply. All advice noted and written down for the trip.

Have a great weekend.

P

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
22 posts
62 reviews
3. Re: verona for 5 days

Do you think 3 days in Verona is too many? It looks beautiful and relaxing but im toying with the idea of spreading Lake Garda over 2 days?

Thank you in advance

P

Reply to: verona for 5 days
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Province of Verona
Recent Conversations