We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cliffs of Moher Walk with Pat Sweeney

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
34 posts
11 reviews
Cliffs of Moher Walk with Pat Sweeney

I keep hearing wonderful compliments of Pat Sweeney's walk tour to Cliffs of Moher. Could someone tell me how I contact Pat Sweeney to do one of her guided walks? Also...Where does she START her walk FROM? And Cost per person? Is it possible to do the walk WITHOUT Pat for free?

27 replies to this topic
Fanore, County Clare
Level Contributor
763 posts
21. Re: Cliffs of Moher Walk with Pat Sweeney

The Cliff coastal walk is open to the public and you will not be trespassing if you stay on the trail.Be aware that some of the path has been affected by winter rainfall so take care

Vitoria-Gasteiz...
Level Contributor
10 posts
17 reviews
22. Re: Cliffs of Moher Walk with Pat Sweeney

Hello-. I will be travelling solo to Ireland on May. I definetly want to do this walk, is it safe for a youg woman to do it alone? Or this tour with Pat is the best option? im thinking about taking a bus from Galway to Doolin on my own. Can anyone give somo tips? THANKS

Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
23. Re: Cliffs of Moher Walk with Pat Sweeney

You can google him! He'll pop right up, Pat Sweeney, Doolin.

Libertyville, IL
Level Contributor
802 posts
176 reviews
24. Re: Cliffs of Moher Walk with Pat Sweeney

FYI - I was quoted €10 for his walk, not €5

Cordoba, Argentina
1 post
2 reviews
25. Re: Cliffs of Moher Walk with Pat Sweeney

The walk can be done without Pat Sweeney or his guides: the whole path is signaled. No need to pay for this. Just make sure you go with at least one or two more people.

The guides do not provide any valuable information and when they do say something, they do not gather everyone, they just say their bit and continue.

Also, they go quite fast so enjoying the view is something you do only twice or three times during the entire walk.

And it's not as they say that you walk with the locals: they take around +30 people, which is a lot for everyone to have a good quality experience.

I definitely do not recommend this paid walk.

Morges, Switzerland
1 post
26. Re: Cliffs of Moher Walk with Pat Sweeney

We did the walk with Pat Sweeney recently.

Meeting Place - Across from Gus O'Connor's at their PIcnic Tables

Parking - Free in the area if you needed to drive

Cost - 10 Euros for the hike (pp)- 5 Euros for the bus back from the end (pp)

Approx Time - Departed a little after 10am(prob closer to 10:30) - Got back around 2:30 - Total about 4hrs with stops.

The walk is about 6 miles(estimated)

There are a few steep sections but Pat stops shortly after to let everyone rest a moment and tell you about the history of the trail.

Most of the walk is comfortable for those that might be scared of heights, there's a few sections that people would need help and both Pat and his colleague help those that are too scared.

It's not the slowest pace but a comfortable one for anyone that can do 6 miles fairly well.

I recommend this walk to anyone...Pat's a character and tells you the history of the trail from Doolin which he helped create.

Honestly I thought I would of hated the whole experience, but between Pat telling his stories, answering questions and such.

FYI - You can take the walk yourself - it's open to the public.

Wonder Lake...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
27. Re: Cliffs of Moher Walk with Pat Sweeney

Your critical points are valid, based on the hike my wife and I did in May, 2018. Still, my overall assessment is a hearty thumbs up. Perfection is overrated, which is why many people prefer to avoid attractions like Disney whatever. Something valuable and authentic in the warts an bumps of an experience.

Reply to: Cliffs of Moher Walk with Pat Sweeney
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Doolin