We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feb

4 posts
Save Topic
Feb

Hi, I am heading to Big Bear for 1 or 2 nights most likely the first weekend in February.

I will be with a friend and we will be looking to explore the town and enjoy the nightlife. We are in our late 20s/30s.

Is there much nightlife in Big Bear and would it be best to stay near the village? Or is there decent transport to get around if we stay further out?

Can you recommend any mid to low range accommodation options, around $100-$150/night?

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
2 replies to this topic
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21 064 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feb

Can you give an example of what type of night life you are interested in?

Bear Bear is a forested mountain community. The village has some lodging. If you stay "further out" I think you will need to rent a cabin.

Most of the activity will be recreational daytime and at night it will be very dark. In February, especially early in the month, there is likely to be snow. It might be possible there could be some night sking.

I don't know of any transport within Big Bear. There is a bus that runs from San Bernardino up the mountain and back down.

Others may come along with more information.

Edited: 12 November 2017, 09:02
Mentioned in this post
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Feb

Hi Ryan!

There is plenty to do in The Village on a weekend. You can head to Whiskey Dave's or The Cave for some live entertainment. Before that, stop by 572 Social Kitchen and Lounge or Big Bear Lake Brewery for some dinner and drinks. We do have Uber in Big Bear. If Uber is not available we also have Big Bear Taxi(909-866-TAXI)

Check us out at Big Bear Cool Cabins if you have any other questions!

Here are some of our Big Bear Cool Cabin rentals on Tripadvisor.

https:/…RentalPropertyManager-a_manager.3640

Mentioned in this post
The Cave
The Cave
38 Reviews
Big Bear City, CA
Big Bear Lake
Big Bear Lake
569 Reviews
Big Bear Region, CA
Reply to: Feb
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted