We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The dog sled race Mass Start, Panthiaz, Chapelle d’Abondance

Lyon, France
Level Contributor
4 posts
191 reviews
113 helpful votes
The dog sled race Mass Start, Panthiaz, Chapelle d’Abondance
Save

Does anyone knows where is exactly the 2011 Grande Odyssee dog sled race the "mass start" place at Panthiaz, La Chapelle d'Abondance? If we drive from Evian-les-Bains into this small village in the morning of January 9, will it difficult to find a parking space? And how would it be the road condition in January? Do we need to carry chains?

Bernay, France
Level Contributor
4 108 posts
220 reviews
389 helpful votes
1. Re: The dog sled race Mass Start, Panthiaz, Chapelle d’Abondance
Save

La Grande Odyssée 2011 will start on January 8th, in Avoriaz. The Mass strat will take place at La Panthiaz in Chapelle d'Abondance on Sunday January 9th 2011.

here's the program (sorry that's in french)

http://www.grandeodyssee.com/fr/42/Programme-et-parcours/

Belli

Edited: 10 years ago
Lyon, France
Level Contributor
4 posts
191 reviews
113 helpful votes
2. Re: The dog sled race Mass Start, Panthiaz, Chapelle d’Abondance
Save

Thank you, I can read French, and I already have the program. Since I booked a hotel in Evian-les-Bains on Jan 8, the only thing I need to know is the road condition in that area. Do we need to carry chains? And is it difficult to park on Sunday morning at La panthiaz in Chapele d'abondance. If it is impossible to find a parking space that morning, I might cancel the booking in Evian-les-Bains, and rebook a hotel in Chapelle d'Abondance.

Bernay, France
Level Contributor
4 108 posts
220 reviews
389 helpful votes
3. Re: The dog sled race Mass Start, Panthiaz, Chapelle d’Abondance
Save

We can't predict road conditions but I suggest you to carry chains just in case. Also I guess is it much more convenient to stay in La Chapelle d'Abondance on this occasion.

Belli

Lyon, France
Level Contributor
4 posts
191 reviews
113 helpful votes
4. Re: The dog sled race Mass Start, Panthiaz, Chapelle d’Abondance
Save

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I'll try to do that.

5. Re: The dog sled race Mass Start, Panthiaz, Chapelle d’Abondance

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2011, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about La Chapelle-D'Abondance
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.