We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving to Madonna Di Campiglio

London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
driving to Madonna Di Campiglio

As a family of 5 we are having to drive from Milan Airport to Madonna Di Campiglio. Too many for a taxi and hanging around for a bus isn't great.

We have rented a 4x4 and will be travelling Sunday - Sunday mid February.

Has anyone driven it and know how well cleared the roads are? Any hints or tips as to the best/safest route?

Also if anyone has any advice for ski school?

Many thanks

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
5 515 posts
1 034 reviews
1. Re: driving to Madonna Di Campiglio

Typically, the main roads are well cleared.

Assuming your arrival airport is Orio al Serio (BGY), the best route is that marked as "1" on this webpage:

www.viamichelin.com/web/Routes…

Things change little even if your airport is LIN or MXP.

Edited: 15 December 2015, 20:52
London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: driving to Madonna Di Campiglio

Thank you so much. Infact it is Malpensa. Any advice would be appreciated as when I did google maps I got about 3 different versions and it is hard to tell if the longer route is better roads or not. Also someone mentioned a new tunnel?

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
5 515 posts
1 034 reviews
3. Re: driving to Madonna Di Campiglio

Hi

I remade the test by inserting MXP and I confirm that, in my opinion, overall the best route is the no.1:

www.viamichelin.com/web/Routes…

It's true that route no. 3 provides most on motorway; but it is longer, and in any case the last part is on normal road, so there isn't a clear advantage. In fact, the travel time is about the same.

As for the route no. 2, it implies the rise to "Tonale" pass (1883 mts), then the descent, then again the climb in Madonna di Campiglio. It's so more strenuous, and in fact is longer.

As for the tunnel, It isn't clear what it refers to. There is a tunnel in Madonna di Campiglio itself, but is used just to bypass the city center.

There isn't a tunnel instead, that avoids the Tonale pass.

Edited: 16 December 2015, 19:45
Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
5 515 posts
1 034 reviews
4. Re: driving to Madonna Di Campiglio

Perhaps you've found some information on the opening of tunnels on the highway SS237, between Brescia and Idro? There are in fact ongoing important works of modernization.

In this case, the highway is included in the itinerary no. 1

5. Re: driving to Madonna Di Campiglio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2016, 19:17
Get answers to your questions about Madonna Di Campiglio