We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location for marriage proposal in Lake Garda

Portland, Oregon
8 posts
Location for marriage proposal in Lake Garda

I'm planning a trip From Bolonga to Bormio along with my girlfriend this October. We will probably going to stop for a few hours and walk through amazing Lake Garda. I thought it's a great chance to propose her. I'm still wondering about the right place. i'm looking for a quite, romantic place, it doesn't have to be a restaurant or something like that. Does anybody have an idea for a romantic spot or any other favorite spot along the way for the proposal?

Thanks ahead

8 replies to this topic
Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
7 147 posts
96 reviews
1. Re: Location for marriage proposal in Lake Garda

<< We will probably going to stop for a few hours and walk through amazing Lake Garda.>> Do you realise how big an area Lake Garda covers? Will you have a car or be travelling by public transport?

You mentioned Sirmione on another post, but even in October this town gets very busy during the day, you might not find a quiet spot for your proposal. Brenzone is a beautiful small town with the most amazing views and fairly quiet but its quite a way up the eastern shore of the lake, you would need a car.

2. Re: Location for marriage proposal in Lake Garda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 September 2018, 22:14

Portland, Oregon
8 posts
3. Re: Location for marriage proposal in Lake Garda

first of all, thank you for your reply! You're completely right- it's important to mention that we, of course, will have a car.

Edited: 23 September 2018, 22:18
London, United...
Level Contributor
6 198 posts
77 reviews
4. Re: Location for marriage proposal in Lake Garda

Every town has a promenade stretching away from the town centre with benches and seating overlooking the lake and the views are lovely wherever you are. Simply choose the town that suits your itinerary best. The prettiest place we visited recently was Torri Del Benaco but there are many others too.

Verona, Italy
Destination Expert
for Verona
Level Contributor
1 715 posts
1 review
5. Re: Location for marriage proposal in Lake Garda

I'd love it made in the walkway along the lake between Vadisogno (easy parking) and Malcesine.

This place or the nearby bar…

https://www.google.it/maps/@45.754062,10.7988255,3a,75y,63.43h,87.89t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1svOq0sPPE1iJ0-QsroK-efA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

(look around in Streetview)

Ciao

Francesco

Portland, Oregon
8 posts
6. Re: Location for marriage proposal in Lake Garda

Wow!

thank you very much, looks amazing.

Sudbury...
Level Contributor
8 814 posts
1 177 reviews
7. Re: Location for marriage proposal in Lake Garda

Hi Dave,

Try “Grotto di Catullo” in Sirmione. Hardly any tourists and the views are breathtaking. Check the photos!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-…

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
50 099 posts
89 reviews
8. Re: Location for marriage proposal in Lake Garda

I would think somewhere to the North views there with the mountains are spectacular,

Reply to: Location for marriage proposal in Lake Garda
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Garda