We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the slopes like here

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
401 posts
255 reviews
What are the slopes like here

We've skied in Austria and Lapland and fancy a change next year and wonder what it's like here for timid intermediates. Are there plenty of gentle slopes or are the intermediate slopes of the intimidating type.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
1. Re: What are the slopes like here

Hi oh dear....

We have skied in bardo the last 4 seasons being timid/have a go intermediates ourselves.

I can honestly say all the pistes are within your ability.

The red runs are more blue than red good for confidence building and good wide pistes.

You can ski the whole mountain with no fear.

Hope this helps.....see you on the snow !!!!!

Try hotel betulla all inclusive basic rooms but wonderful food and free bar 5pm-11pm lovely....

Free ski bus stops outside hotel...5mins to slopes.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
401 posts
255 reviews
2. Re: What are the slopes like here

Thank you so much mancityman... there's nothing like first hand experience for a true representation of the area. We feel a lot more confident now, it's always a worry when trying a new place and finding your ski legs after a year off the slopes. Thanks again and enjoy your skiing too.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
3. Re: What are the slopes like here

Useful reply. Going this year shortly

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
401 posts
255 reviews
4. Re: What are the slopes like here

Yes it was useful... we're going next month so hope there is plenty of snow..

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
401 posts
255 reviews
5. Re: What are the slopes like here

Just back from Bardoneccia and thought I'd update on our week on the snow. We chose the wrong week as it was Carnival weekend, that's 4 days of fun for Italian families. The place was packed when we arrived on Sunday and didn't really quieten down all week, though a few did go after Tuesday. However trying to get on the bottom lift at Campa Smith was an absolute nightmare, with upwards of 150 people trying to get up the mountain. Kids everywhere, in fact I have never seen so many kids on the piste, it was like Wacky Races. I'm a nervous skier even though I've skied for years and I hate a crowded piste.... it just couldn't be avoided here. As there had been very little snow before our arrival it was icy in places and some of the lovely blue slopes were closed due to lack of money as the resort had lost a lot of trade over the Christmas period due to lack of snow. The final part of the week was better after a couple of days snow and it was a pleasure to ski on it but as the sun came out the pistes once again became icy. I'd go here again but I'd check that there were no 'trip weeks' for the Italians and watch the snow forecast and book last minute. With snow and less people this place would have been ideal.

6. Re: What are the slopes like here

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2017, 22:15
Get answers to your questions about Bardonecchia