We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car parking

Thatcham, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
109 reviews
Car parking

We are staying in Kirkwall for a week and taking our own car. The accommodation does not have any car parking, so I will be looking for places to park! The sites show lots of paying parks and 2 hour free parking. However there does not seem to be any mention of free overnight parking. Does anyone know if the car parks are free after 6pm as they are in England and do they allow overnight stays?

Thanks in anticipation

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
124 reviews
1. Re: Car parking

Hi, most places in Kirkwall you will be fine to park overnight and restrictions do stop after 6pm (or even 5.30 i think) and I'm sure main carparks will mostly be ok to leave the car in asides the ones right in the centre. I would double check the carpark info boards though. If you let me know more in regards to which area of Kirkwall you are in can let you know more. There are plenty of free parking areas and some very close to the town centre so you should be fine.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45 854 posts
81 reviews
2. Re: Car parking

orkney.gov.uk/Service-Directory/…Short

Street parking is only restricted 0900 - 1700 so I am guessing free outside of there and pay & display inside.

3. Re: Car parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2018, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Kirkwall
Recent Conversations