We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quadbike Rental

Island of Malta...
1 post
2 reviews
Quadbike Rental

Hi I was wondering if the rental shops in Mauritius rent Quadbike. I couldn't find anything online except the safari quadbikes which is no goes for me as I wished to explore the whole island on a quad. Does anyone know if they do rent?

7 replies to this topic
Lancashire, UK
Level Contributor
19 172 posts
200 reviews
422 helpful votes
1. Re: Quadbike Rental

Can't say I've ever seen them.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
29 220 posts
3 261 reviews
2 832 helpful votes
2. Re: Quadbike Rental

I am also not aware of any quadbike rentals outside of places like Casela.

Edenvale, South...
Level Contributor
1 597 posts
45 reviews
64 helpful votes
3. Re: Quadbike Rental

Never seen them for hire to drive on the roads. Only seen cars and scooters at the rental shops.

Lancashire, UK
Level Contributor
19 172 posts
200 reviews
422 helpful votes
4. Re: Quadbike Rental

I think for driving around the island it's best to be in a car. I've seen too many motorcycle accidents in Mauritius, some fatal.

Cape Town, South...
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
8 838 posts
71 reviews
98 helpful votes
5. Re: Quadbike Rental

We are keen motorcyclists and often hire a scooter when in Mauritius and we've never come across quad bikes for hire for use on the open roads. With some of the dodgy driving skills on display I don't think I'd like to venture far on a quad. We only use the scooter for local trips close to the resort we are staying in and never on the open roads.

Lancashire, UK
Level Contributor
19 172 posts
200 reviews
422 helpful votes
6. Re: Quadbike Rental

Last year we saw many accidents involving motorcycles strangely none on the motorway although I am sure they do happen, but on the so called quiet roads out of Grand Baie and Flic en Flac. So many heavy vehicles and reckless drivers overtaking where they shouldn't that even the most careful person in the wrong place at the wrong time can be involved in an accident not of their own making.

7. Re: Quadbike Rental

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

What are forum guidelines?

Reply to: Quadbike Rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pereybere
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.