We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cap Malheureux

Saarf England
Level Contributor
24 posts
Cap Malheureux

Hi, we are going to Mauritius in April and would like to be near our family who are staying in Pereybere. We would like a beachfront villa, without a pool as we have a two year old.

We have found a nice looking place in Cap Malheureux, but can't find much information on Cap Malheureux itself. Does anyone know what it's like there? It looks as though it's close enough to Pereybere and Grand Baie, but also far away enough to remain a quiet area, which is what we are after.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
70 113 posts
166 reviews
1 316 helpful votes
1. Re: Cap Malheureux

Cap M is a quiet area a little further north of Bain Boeuf and Pereybere and just before Anse Le Raie and Calodyne.

Its close to Pereybere and buses run frequently. Driving is five minutes.

Its claim to fame is the lovely red roofed little Catholic church - it has to be one of the most photographed places in the north.

I noticed the other day that they are doing work on the beach at Bain Bouef near Coin de Mire hotel - something to do with beach erosion but there is another beach at Anse Le Raie lagoon.

Anyway you are within reach of other beaches - Trou aux Biches and Choisy to your south.

Saarf England
Level Contributor
24 posts
2. Re: Cap Malheureux

Thank you Bronia. So is the beachfront villa we're planning on staying in likely to be quiet? I mean, will be there be beach bars, restaurants or hotels nearby? I've looked at a couple of youtube videos and it looks like a nice quiet area.

Is the beach there any good for swimming/ snorkelling?

Thanks again.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
70 113 posts
166 reviews
1 316 helpful votes
3. Re: Cap Malheureux

It should be quiet - there are no beach bars in Mauritius and no hotels close by except for Coin de Mire at Bain Bouef and another 2 at Anse Le Raie and another at Calodyne. There is one restaurant at Cap M on the main road.

But they shouldn't be close to you.

Its a residential area.

I've seen people swimming at Bain Boeuf but as I said there are building works there at the moment.

Anse Le Raie isn't very good for swimming.

I don't know what your beach will be like as I don't know exactly where you are staying.

4. Re: Cap Malheureux

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Pereybere
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.