We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Norrkoping a walkable city?

New York City, New...
1 post
Is Norrkoping a walkable city?
Save

I'm planning to visit Stockholm but I want to take a day trip to Norrkoping. Is it easy to get around without renting a car?

3 replies to this topic
Uppsala, Sweden
Level Contributor
3 857 posts
104 reviews
24 helpful votes
1. Re: Is Norrkoping a walkable city?
Save

Yes, we have this great thing called public transport that makes it very easy to get around without a car. The central parts of Norrköping are all within walking distance from the railway station, but if the weather is horrible or you want to get further out there are both buses and trams.

Lund, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Norrkoping
Level Contributor
1 582 posts
52 reviews
30 helpful votes
2. Re: Is Norrkoping a walkable city?
Save

The things you would want to see are within short walking distance (max 10–15 mins) from the railway station. Bring an umbrella and you’ll be fine regardless of weather.

Umea, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Silesia Province, Stockholm
Level Contributor
1 690 posts
1 271 reviews
353 helpful votes
3. Re: Is Norrkoping a walkable city?
Save

The first time I went to Norrköping I did exactly the same and I didn't even use public transport, so it's perfectly doable and very pleasant too. Only the rock carvings, should you want to see them, are located a bit further away, but still walkable distance.

Reply to: Is Norrkoping a walkable city?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Norrkoping
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.