We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days Santorini, Mykonos,athens

Malaysia, melaka
Level Contributor
348 posts
7 reviews
How many days Santorini, Mykonos,athens

Hi

Planning holidays either end of may or early June next year.

How many days ,minimum shd I spend time around in Santorini , Mykonos and Athens (without counting the arrival days and departure to the islands). It would be better to go the islands first, Santorini then Mykonos , and the last days in Athens. What would be the best advise ,once we arrive Athens, take a flight to Santorini?

16 replies to this topic
Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
9 912 posts
87 reviews
1. Re: How many days Santorini, Mykonos,athens

How long do you want to spend on your trip?

Malaysia, melaka
Level Contributor
348 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: How many days Santorini, Mykonos,athens

Was thinking of 3 full days in Athens , Santorini 2 or 3 full days, Mykonos 2 full days? Will tat be sufficient?

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
23 875 posts
43 reviews
3. Re: How many days Santorini, Mykonos,athens

Take into consideration that staying anywhere for 2 nights will only equal one full day.

When island hopping please note that even if distances between islands don't look far every time you get up and move the best part of one day will be lost from your itinerary (you shall pack\unpack, check out and in of hotels, transport to and from ports, some waiting time in ports, time for embarking\disembarking and the actual time used for the journey).

You will also have to adjust to the ferry schedules departure time. Often there is only one or two ferries daily between the destinations – even in main season.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
10 140 posts
141 reviews
4. Re: How many days Santorini, Mykonos,athens

The first question should rather be what are you going to do at these locations and then decide the number of days needed to do those things. A good travel guide book would be helpful to plan

Malaysia, melaka
Level Contributor
348 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: How many days Santorini, Mykonos,athens

Noted on.tat travelling. I will always add a day just for travelling from island to island and to the mainland.

Malaysia, melaka
Level Contributor
348 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: How many days Santorini, Mykonos,athens

Places to visit and explore

Santorini - fira, beaches , oia , ancient akrotiri.

Mykonos - taking pics at the famous windmill at the hilltop, and just lasting around in Mykonos town

Athens - acropolis,ancient agora,temple of Olympian Zeus,panathenaic museum,catch the changing guard and prolly add the acropolis museum.

So...let me know how many days needed minimum for Santorini, Mykonos and Athens

Level Contributor
131 posts
7. Re: How many days Santorini, Mykonos,athens

>>Places to visit and explore

Santorini - fira, beaches , oia , ancient akrotiri<<

Fira – definitely! Fira is a lovely place.

Beaches: I’m not into beaches but if you are, go ahead. Black lava sand - can be very hot.

Oia: Do yourself a favour and do the Fira – Oia hike along the edge of the Caldera. Stunning views all the way. 3 - 4 hours.

Ancient Akrotiri: Yes, so you can say that you’ve been there. But in my opinion the village of Akrotiri is far more interesting and if you have the energy a walk to Faros Lighthouse at the southwestern tip of the island is really recommendable. From there you’ll have the most fantastic views over the Caldera.

Mykonos: Not my cup of tea.

Athens: I guess that most people will tell you to save Athens for the last couple of days of your holiday. And that sounds very reasonable.

Malaysia, melaka
Level Contributor
348 posts
7 reviews
8. Re: How many days Santorini, Mykonos,athens

Nothing much in Mykonos?

Malaysia, melaka
Level Contributor
348 posts
7 reviews
9. Re: How many days Santorini, Mykonos,athens

So anyone can help ? How many days

Level Contributor
131 posts
10. Re: How many days Santorini, Mykonos,athens

I believe the usual advice given is a minimum of three days at any location that’s new to you (three full days) which will give you a brief idea of the place.

However, in my opinion Santorini deserves at least 4 days and fans of Athens would probably prefer a week or more in this city.

Reply to: How many days Santorini, Mykonos,athens
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted