We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days in Verona what to see

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
20 posts
15 reviews
5 days in Verona what to see

Hello my parents are going to Verona.

They are staying there for 5 days (coming in the morning on November the 2nd and leaving in the morning on the Nivember the 6th)

One evening they will spend in opera but the dan't know what to do in the onther evenings.

Could you please give any advise on what to visit?

They are in their 50es and they are fine with both walking aroun the whole day and renting a car.

Thanks in advance!

10 replies to this topic
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
20 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: 5 days in Verona what to see

I exaggerated about walking for the whole day. They are fine with a few hours of walking aroung but not the whole day

Verona, Italy
Destination Expert
for Verona
Level Contributor
1 715 posts
1 review
2. Re: 5 days in Verona what to see

Hello

look at these www.turismoverona.eu/nqcontent.cfm… and the other itineraries of the official site. Excellent suggestions.

Ciao

Francesco

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
20 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: 5 days in Verona what to see

Thanks alot

West Chester...
Level Contributor
1 756 posts
180 reviews
4. Re: 5 days in Verona what to see

TripAdivser.com will have a page on Verona. It will have a list of the most favorite sites and activities. It should also have suggested itineraries for a day or two.

(I was looking for the info I cut and pasted for Verona in June but can't seem to find where I stored it. Came mainly from TA and googled sites for Verona.

Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: 5 days in Verona what to see

Verone is a beautiful city with lots of places to visit. Check out here some of them:

https:/…veronatravelguide

Sudbury...
Level Contributor
8 839 posts
1 178 reviews
6. Re: 5 days in Verona what to see

They can take a bus to beautiful Mantua on one day, maybe to Lake Garda on another... And just enjoy Verona slowly... They are so lucky to attend a performance at the Arena di Verona! Hope they will enjoy it.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
9 070 posts
14 reviews
7. Re: 5 days in Verona what to see

Will there be any opera in Verona in November? I don't think there will be anything on in the Arena at that time of year but I stand to be corrected.

Sudbury...
Level Contributor
8 839 posts
1 178 reviews
8. Re: 5 days in Verona what to see

That was exactly my thought, Scozzese! It is killing me that all Arena di Verona performances are in the summer, when it is so hot... With all my love to opera, I just cannot tolerate the heat and enjoy the opera at the same time. I wish they had something in spring or fall...

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
20 posts
15 reviews
9. Re: 5 days in Verona what to see

Thank you all for the tips. Hope we'll manage to plan a great trip

West Chester...
Level Contributor
1 756 posts
180 reviews
10. Re: 5 days in Verona what to see

It is a shame that all of the operas are in summer but it is like that in all opera festival locales. The rest of the year the major operas are held in permanent opera company theaters and stages and the not yet a star singers many of the Festivals rely on are in school or training with the major opera locales. It’s only during the summer that singers and directors are free to travel to these festivals.

Its the same with the well known Santa Fe opera, Took awhile at night for the temp to be bearable. At least the very well done Des Moines Opera summer program is held indoors at a really intimate college venue in Indianola. (In fact the closeness of the performers has kind of ruined our enjoyment of watching operas in larger settings. Once you have had the thre witches of Macbeth singing by their kettle actually at your feet, something is missing when they are farther away).

Reply to: 5 days in Verona what to see
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Verona
Recent Conversations