We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ALERT DON'T Buy Cellphone Sim Card fr. Exactta Communication

Rocky Point, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Topic
ALERT DON'T Buy Cellphone Sim Card fr. Exactta Communication

I purchased a cellphone sim card from Exactta Communications in Rome's Fiumicino Airport in September 2013. I paid 124 Euro ($168), and was told I could Text freely to the USA as well as call the USA & use it when I returned to the USA. It NEVER allowed Texting (which is the main reason I bought it, to communicate with the USA), and it did NOT WORK IN THE USA either. I only made 3 local Italian calls, and one to the USA to tell family we were alive and why we did not contact them with texting. (I tried about 10 times and realized no one was getting them because I never got a reply.) I called Exactta and they told me to remove the Sim Card for 10 minutes and replace it. It still did not work. I called again to tell them, 3 times, they told me I would be REFUNDED and gave me the contact info. I have written/called for 4 MONTHS and they REFUSE to REFUND ME. Although they have constantly promised they would. I believed them and opened a bank account for them to directly deposit the refund. They told me this is the only way they refund people. I was uncomfortable giving an account with any money in it, and therefore only opened this for my refund. They have told me they tried to refund me, but it didn't go through. I confirmed the Swift Code, Routing # and Account # - calling my bank and they said maybe it's a problem in Italy. I told them to check their end, and they never did. I do NOT BELIEVE they EVER HAD INTENTION of REFUNDING ME! I have called about 50 + times and e-mailed about 30 times and they do not answer the phone any more and do not reply to my e-mails either. I am totally disgusted and RECOMMEND YOU DO NOT PURCHASE SIM CARDS OR ANYTHING FROM EXACTTA. They DO NOT STAND BY THEIR PRODUCT. Beware!

224 replies to this topic
Guadalajara, Mexico
1 post
Save Reply
221. Re: ALERT DON'T Buy Cellphone Sim Card fr. Exactta Communication

I Also bought sim card. 5 times more expensive than others companies.

Dont but it!!

1 post
Save Reply
222. Re: ALERT DON'T Buy Cellphone Sim Card fr. Exactta Communication

BIG SCAM!!! Don’t purchase an exactta SIM card, I bought a SIM card at the Rome airport for an iPhone 7 and it worked for a few whats app mesages and no 👎🏼 signal after that, I called their lousy customer service three times and spoke to Sebastian but he didn’t fix anything. DON’T BUY EXACTTA!

Save Reply
223. Re: ALERT DON'T Buy Cellphone Sim Card fr. Exactta Communication

I have had the same horrible experience at the fuimicino’s airport with the girl who works inside the place where you take your baggage.

She is an expert deceiving people. I just asked her for one day of internet service and she activated the sim card for three days without my permission which costed me 65 euros and I never wanted it.

The service was totally horrible, i asked her to refund my money and she said she couldn’t because the sim was already activated. She gave me a customer service number which was the same horrible treatment.

Its a really bad service and the girl is the worst of all. She is so malicious and knows how to confuse yourself.

Never never repeating

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
4 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
224. Re: ALERT DON'T Buy Cellphone Sim Card fr. Exactta Communication

100% correct-I had a similar experience in May. Plus the weirdness of adding an additional deposit on the simcard that you had to return at the airport or else they would debit your account by a further 50 Euros. CRAZY!

I would like to know how it is that they are allowed to operate freely within the airport?!

Reply to: ALERT DON'T Buy Cellphone Sim Card fr. Exactta Communication
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted