We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the TIM store in FCO reachable in transit?

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
31 posts
Is the TIM store in FCO reachable in transit?

Hello, everyone.

I have planned a trip to Sicily this year, and will be arriving at Rome(FCO) to take a connected flight to Palermo(PMO).

First of all, is it possible for me to get to the TIM store at Area B while I make my transit?

Also, 1 hour 50 minutes deemed enough for nothing more than transit, but would it be sufficient to buy a SIM card from TIM?

Thank you in advance.

Likely To Sell Out
Waking Up the Vatican: VIP...
81 Reviews
from US$369,70*
Best Seller
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, St...
24 266 Reviews
from US$72,90*
Best Seller
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
12 180 Reviews
from US$57,60*
7 replies to this topic
London
Level Contributor
3 298 posts
153 reviews
1. Re: Is the TIM store in FCO reachable in transit?

Why not wait and buy it in Sicily, so you can return to the shop if anything goes wrong.

Airports are never the best place to buy a Sim card.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
31 posts
2. Re: Is the TIM store in FCO reachable in transit?

Thank you, Beentheredunthat.

The reason I am trying to purchase a SIM card in FCO is because my flight to PMO is quite late, and I will not be able to contact anyone - especially the hotel that I will be staying at.

I could just wish for some luck and try without having any means of communication, but I like to go safe ways.

Of course, I have already located a few TIM stores in Palermo as well - just in case.

Thanks!

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
2 709 posts
93 reviews
3. Re: Is the TIM store in FCO reachable in transit?

Is there a reason why you have to phone someone at that time? If it is because your flight is delayed, etc. you can have the airline call your hotel.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
31 posts
4. Re: Is the TIM store in FCO reachable in transit?

I wouldn't say I need a call - I'm just one of those people that worry far too much.

I'd just like to have a mean of communication without much gaps in between.

Thanks.

Edited: 20 September 2018, 15:37
Lismore, Australia
Level Contributor
3 161 posts
19 reviews
5. Re: Is the TIM store in FCO reachable in transit?

if you set your phone to roaming just before you leave south korea..turn off any automatic updates..when you turn your phone on when you land in palermo it will connect to the strongest/best signal..probably tim..using your phone to make one or two local calls is only going to add up to a dollar or two..if that..depending on the length of the calls of course..to your phone bill when you get home..I would then get a sim in town the next day

if you have skype you could add credit to your account before you leave home..using the free wifi at the airport or your hotel you could make calls to mobiles and landlines..to anywhere

I would go to a tim or vodafone store..you'll have more choice of deals

prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/Italy

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
31 posts
6. Re: Is the TIM store in FCO reachable in transit?

Thank you, Steve C.

I have thought about that option.

It could be much better to purchase a roaming option for a day or two until I get a prepaid SIM card at Palermo.

Lismore, Australia
Level Contributor
3 161 posts
19 reviews
7. Re: Is the TIM store in FCO reachable in transit?

it suits me doing it that way..more often than not I don't need to use my phone straight away

Reply to: Is the TIM store in FCO reachable in transit?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted