We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small beach wedding

Stamford...
Level Contributor
40 posts
145 reviews
63 helpful votes
Small beach wedding
Save

Please help us out!

We are a party of 11-13 people, coming to Palma in October during the cruise.

My brother wants to get married at the beach, but without much fuss, his goal is to have the small ceremony, bride walking the isle, so they would be legally married.

All the tgibgs online are for large weddings, so i need help with finding the right people and where is the best beach to have it, and the best spots for photosession?

Thank you very much

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15 512 posts
56 reviews
26 helpful votes
1. Re: Small beach wedding
Save

You typically can't just drop in to another country (as a foreign national) and get married.

So unless you are Catholic, it isn't going to happen in Spain.

And even if you are Catholic.....it isn't going to happen on a beach, but in a church.

Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
2. Re: Small beach wedding
Save

You cannot, as a non resident, have a legal wedding here in Spain.

You can have a blessing here and there are English speaking priests that can officiate.

But you would need to be legally married in the UK.

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
2 454 posts
110 reviews
59 helpful votes
3. Re: Small beach wedding
Save

Why not get married on the ship

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15 512 posts
56 reviews
26 helpful votes
4. Re: Small beach wedding
Save

OP is from the US.....why would they need to be legally married in the UK?

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
445 posts
16 reviews
10 helpful votes
5. Re: Small beach wedding
Save

You can legally get married in Spain. It just takes a fair bit of extra work. (An Australian House member got married here back before same-sex marriage was legal here.)

Fast tracking a civil marriage will likely require 2 trips to Spain before the wedding or at least it did before the old system. I'd still figure 3 months before hand to apply, and getting all the documents together will be a pain. You're best off finding a local gestor who speaks English who can walk you through the process. (I did my i am a foriegner marriage to a Spaniard without.) They start charging fees for the officiant when not doing it at the town hall, and the civil marriage includes mention of honouring the constitutional requirements for spouses.(or the town hall one I did I Madrid did. Marriage licensed are organized by the comunidad government but are national documents.)

Religious marriages are in theory easier but also have their own set of complications. You are not limited to Catholicism . Jewish and Muslim religious marriages also can be organized legally. The religious group just needs to be recognized by the state as performing this. Lots of Christian sects are not. You find them having religious blessings after the civil ceremony.) If you want a religious wedding, you're best off contacting a local church and asking them. You're probably better off having your home church contact the locals for you as they can be really hierarchy based in Spain.

Chingford, United...
Level Contributor
766 posts
123 reviews
70 helpful votes
6. Re: Small beach wedding
Save

We got married in mallorca in 2005. We are not Catholic but used a small Catholic church near where my mallorcan family live and where I've spent every summer since i was tiny. We had the Anglican vicar from Palma officiate and they even delayed evening mass for us so we could get married at 8pm when it was cooler.

It was magical and very special.

Jane at mallorca blessings is fabulous and can arrange anything - in a church, on the beach etc.

http://mallorca-blessings.com/wp/

7. Re: Small beach wedding

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2019, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Palma de Mallorca
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.