We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips for getting head around transport system

ireland
Level Contributor
77 posts
Tips for getting head around transport system

Hi folks, hoping to make good use of public transport this weekend. Any tips for getting head around it, ie. how do i find out how to get from one place to another (what train) to get? Did i read there's an app you can download?

5 replies to this topic
Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
41 050 posts
1. Re: Tips for getting head around transport system

https:/…Mobile

London, United...
Level Contributor
21 067 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Tips for getting head around transport system

You can also pick up a map of the network from the tourist desk at the airport when you arrive. The BVG Journey Planner is essential for getting the best routes and connections, but a paper map that gives you an overall picture of the network is also useful - in fact, irreplaceable.

SaarLouis, Germany
Level Contributor
750 posts
3. Re: Tips for getting head around transport system

There is also the "Citymapper" app, which I find useful - not sure how it compares to the "official" BVG app, though.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
4 295 posts
53 reviews
4. Re: Tips for getting head around transport system

A lot of basic information of Berlin's public transport:

https:/…berlin-public-transport-basics.html

Link to BVG City Map is still not working (since weeks). I will try to let that fix quicker by a direct contact. I shared that with Twitter team weeks ago :-(

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
921 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Tips for getting head around transport system

You can download a network map inside the BVG app, if you don't manage to get your Hands on a paper plan. It's an own item in the menu, in Germany called „Netzpläne“ (is there an English Version of the app? I'd guess so).

Reply to: Tips for getting head around transport system
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted