We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first visit to Berlin this February 2018

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
first visit to Berlin this February 2018

Hi my husband and 2 teenage children are going to visit Berlin, Saturday to Monday, at the end of February 2018 and were hoping that the forum members could advise us of accommodation - (moderately priced hotels) - and how to get to the hotel from the Schönefeld airport. Thank you in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
Ackselhaus
Ackselhaus
#4 of 636 hotels in Berlin
i31 Hotel
i31 Hotel
#5 of 636 hotels in Berlin
Hotel Q!
Hotel Q!
#9 of 636 hotels in Berlin
7 replies to this topic
Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
11 884 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first visit to Berlin this February 2018

Moderate priced? £50/£75/£100 per night? How many people/rooms? Can't help with directions until we know where you are staying!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first visit to Berlin this February 2018

I have not booked any hotel as yet, was looking for 2 rooms for 2 nights approx £50 - £70 per room per night and one that is near some attractions.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
8 308 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first visit to Berlin this February 2018

Have a look at Motel One Hackeschermarkt, it is reasonably priced and fairly well located for attractions and transport

Level Contributor
676 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first visit to Berlin this February 2018

I stayed at the Alleto - https://www.aletto.de/en/ - a short journey on the suburban train from schonefeld on the S9 (grunewald/Berlin Spandau direction) exiting at zoological gardens station. The hotel is a very short walk away situated on the Kudamm. Which was the Main Street in pre 1989 West Berlin. Easy to reach Alexanderplatz by train (Alexanderplatz was the former East Berlin city centre). Oh as you’ve got kids. They might like to visit the Ritter shop chococreations where you can choose a Ritter bar personalised with your favourite additions. Eg nuts, cereal, flavourings etc.

Edited: 14 December 2017, 05:18
Mentioned in this post
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
Alexanderplatz
Alexanderplatz
3 855 Reviews
Berlin, Germany
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
37 714 posts
625 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first visit to Berlin this February 2018

"was looking for 2 rooms for 2 nights approx £50 - £70 per room per night "

So around 55 to 80 Euros a night is what you are seeking. The Ibis hotels are usually in that range. There are about 5 of such hotels.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
21 617 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first visit to Berlin this February 2018

ibis is part of Accor group. you get really good deals with them (especially with Mercure chain) pre-paying on accorhotels.com

I would recommend staying in Mitte rather than near Zoologischer Garten as most of the main sights are in Mitte, east of Tiergarten park. It's simpler to go one time to the Memorial Church and other sights near Zoo station, but have more sights a walk from your hotel (including that Ritter chocolate shop Robert recommends)

The Motel One at Hackescher Markt is a good location, and you can get the S9 from the airport. The Ibis on Anhalter Strasse isn't bad either, but from the airport involves a change to a north-south S Bahn at Friedrichstrasse. There are lots of threads about hotels in Mitte (many under "best neighbourhood")

On booking.com you can put in your budget and see what comes up (better to look in euros and that's what you'll be charged)

Edited: 14 December 2017, 10:12
Mentioned in this post
Mitte
Mitte
1 522 Reviews
Berlin, Germany
Hackescher Markt
Hackescher Markt
534 Reviews
Berlin, Germany
Friedrichstrasse
Friedrichstrasse