We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Logis du Bief

Toronto
Level Contributor
43 posts
21 reviews
Le Logis du Bief

We have booked the self catering unit at Le Logis du Bief for a week next year and I would to hear from someone that has stayed there.

The web site is a little confusing. Although it says there are 2 twin beds in the second bedroom, it also says the unit is suitable for 2 ppl and that over 2 persons , it’s recommended to contact “le Logis du Bief” in order to know the condtions of the stay.

His email was a little confusing saying:

the second room is a twin bed one and would be perhaps a little small for 2 adults.

But a subsequent email said:

The second room has twin beds.

I would love to hear from someone that has stayed there with 4 ppl.

Thanks,

12 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
277 posts
33 reviews
1. Re: Le Logis du Bief

Hi Mimicogal

We are currently staying in Le Logis du Bief for the next 7 days. It is a delightful gite, brilliantly located with superbly friendly and helpful hosts. The 2nd bedroom is also upstairs along with the main bedroom and bathroom. The beds in the 2nd bedroom are quite small singles but should be ok for adults so long as they are not too tall. I rested in one yesterday and it was quite comfortable. Hope this helps.

Toronto
Level Contributor
43 posts
21 reviews
2. Re: Le Logis du Bief

Thanks so much Kay241. Enjoy your stay. Please let us know of any helpful tips for both the apartment and the town;) We love good restaurants so would love to hear your recommendations.

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
76 posts
41 reviews
3. Re: Le Logis du Bief

I just read your post of several months ago. And I would like to ask a question about the process of making a reservation at Le Logis du Bief. Please advise if sending a check through the mail is standard procedure to make a reservation. thank you.

Toronto
Level Contributor
43 posts
21 reviews
4. Re: Le Logis du Bief

Hi Verohikers46;

I booked directly through their website. I paid my deposit through paypal.

http://www.logisloches.com/

I hope that helps.

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
76 posts
41 reviews
5. Re: Le Logis du Bief

I e-mailed Le Logis du Bief for reservations and they asked for me to send a personal bank check to secure a deposit on 2 rooms. They said they would not cash it and would tear it up upon our arrival. If they do not accept credit cards do they not have paypal? I just feel very uncomfortable sending a personal check through the mail all the way to France. Is that standard operating procedure for some of these smaller accommodations?

Toronto
Level Contributor
43 posts
21 reviews
6. Re: Le Logis du Bief

The email I received said either a cheque or paypal. I chose to pay by paypal.

He also had a phone number. Maybe you should call if you are unsure.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
99 187 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: Le Logis du Bief

>>I just feel very uncomfortable sending a personal check through the mail all the way to France. Is that standard operating procedure for some of these smaller accommodations?<<

Yes it is. I have had at least 3 rental apartments in France (including, as I recall, Logis du Bief) that have asked for a personal cheque (in AUD) to hold the apartment. At the end of each rental, the owner produced the cheque and tore it up.

Sending a cheque to France has no more danger than sending a cheque to an address in Varo Beach.

Loire Valley
Level Contributor
7 078 posts
7 reviews
8. Re: Le Logis du Bief

In fact sending a cheque to France is Less dangerous than sending a cheque ti Varo Beach. It will cost the owner a huge amount of money to cash it - assuming the bank is even willing to take the task on.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
99 187 posts
17 reviews
9. Re: Le Logis du Bief

Yes. I found it a little strange that apartment owners in France would accept a personal cheque in AUD as a deposit. Especially as I could have contacted my bank to have the cheque stopped.

But Jean-Claude at Logis du Bief is a charming person, and probably would not even think of this.

Edited: 20 December 2012, 11:31
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
26 084 posts
61 reviews
10. Re: Le Logis du Bief

@5, there is a difference between a personal cheque and a bank cheque, the latter being as good as money in the hand.

Jean Claude and Moha are wonderful hosts, trustworthy, run an impeccable lodging, are full of advice and secrets about the town and surrounds. If you can stay there, do so. You will love it.

Loches is a beautiful town. Our experiences.

…blogspot.com.au/2011/06/week-in-loire-1-lop… and the following blog pages.

Reply to: Le Logis du Bief
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Loches