We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need someone to replace my caravan tyres on site

female, uk
Level Contributor
87 posts
52 reviews
I need someone to replace my caravan tyres on site

Hi, does anyone know how I can get my caravan tyres replaced at a site in Obterre? I’m coming over to the caravan in Monday and was hoping to use BESTDRIVE in Loches but I emailed them and they say they don’t do it. I have heard there are 2 BESTDRIVE units is this right?

Any help appreciated.

Jan

4 replies to this topic
Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
9 319 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: I need someone to replace my caravan tyres on site

Have you asked other caravan owners on site how they do it? However, I rather suspect that you will need to jack the caravan up, place it on supports and remove the wheels, then take the wheels to a tyre dealer (who will probably have to order the replacement tyres). Once the replacement tyres have been fitted to the wheels by the dealer it would be a case of reversing the whole process to refit the wheels to the caravan.

It is possible that someone operates a "pneus à domicile" service in the neighbourhood which would simplify things considerably - try Les Pages Jaunes.

female, uk
Level Contributor
87 posts
52 reviews
2. Re: I need someone to replace my caravan tyres on site

Thankyou. There’s no way I can do that. I’ll see what I can find out when I get there.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
91 reviews
3. Re: I need someone to replace my caravan tyres on site

Try here. This is Clive who calls at Le Cormier in Obtere a couple of times a year. See if he is able to when you are there. I store mine Le Cormiere and get jobs done by him.

http://eurocaravanengineer.com/

female, uk
Level Contributor
87 posts
52 reviews
4. Re: I need someone to replace my caravan tyres on site

Hi, It was Clive who told me they needed replacing at the service and he and Mike Smith (I store my Hymer at Le Cormiers) suggested BESTDRIVE. Didn’t get any joy via email at Loches so went over on Monday and just got back - discovered it’s BESTDRIVE Perrusson that does the on-site tyre replacement including ones with Tyron bands. I went to see them and they’re more than happy to come out to the pitch to do it. It was about £333 for the 3 tyres + fitting + time & travel.

Reply to: I need someone to replace my caravan tyres on site
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Loches